Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Waters low / bites slow....?

Default Waters low / bites slow....?

Went on the lake yesterday, nice day clear sky's, no wind until about noon, Water temp about 78. I hit my usual go to spots all around the lake, and only managed to pull a couple out. Also they were all lil guys. Got them on plastics, tried reaction in the morn but no luck. Oh not to mention there were only 5 boats on the lake so I had no pressure but still the bite was hard. Any idea how to find these fish with water low and the weather being hot like this?

The worst day on Diamond Valley especially when throwing reaction baits is when its glassy with no wind. The bite is actually pretty good but you have to fish deep.. The fish on the bank are mainly small summer bass. Id fish 40+ft deep and Id really concentrate on 45-55f deep. They are even deeper then that but that's the depth I start in.
    If you are dead set on fishing reaction baits then Id do it on mornings with cloud cover or banks that have a breeze blowing into it. Even then during this time of year the reaction bite only lasts 15-40 minutes-ish. Unless you see busting fish then it can last longer if conditions are right.
    You best overall bet would be to bust out the Carolina rigs and dropshots and dredge the depths..You wont be disappointed.. Ive been getting a good amount of fish at those depths I mentioned.

The reason for the low amount of boats is simple...Everyone can catch fish shallow, not everyone can fish deep.. Guys go and beat the bank and have the day you had and they give up and say the bite sucks but they don't want to, nor like fishing deep...Ill tell you without a shadow of a doubt, the deep bite is good right now.

Pete

Petemarinoguideservice.com
    Last edited by Pete Marino; 07-30-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    The worst day on Diamond Valley especially when throwing reaction baits is when its glassy with no wind. The bite is actually pretty good but you have to fish deep.. The fish on the bank are mainly small summer bass. Id fish 40+ft deep and Id really concentrate on 45-55f deep. They are even deeper then that but that's the depth I start in.
    If you are dead set on fishing reaction baits then Id do it on mornings with cloud cover or banks that have a breeze blowing into it. Even then during this time of year the reaction bite only lasts 15-40 minutes-ish. Unless you see busting fish then it can last longer if conditions are right.
    You best overall bet would be to bust out the Carolina rigs and dropshots and dredge the depths..You wont be disappointed.. Ive been getting a good amount of fish at those depths I mentioned.

The reason for the low amount of boats is simple...Everyone can catch fish shallow, not everyone can fish deep.. Guys go and beat the bank and have the day you had and they give up and say the bite sucks but they don't want to, nor like fishing deep...Ill tell you without a shadow of a doubt, the deep bite is good right now.

Pete

Petemarinoguideservice.com
    Thanks for the info Pete I will dry a lil deeper.

I need your number again I must have wrote it down wrong...

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    I need your number again I must have wrote it down wrong...

Pete
    Her you go 3037839