Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 07/28/2014 Silverwod Dam

Default 07/28/2014 Silverwod Dam

Arrived around 8pm fished until 12pm. Practically no wind. Fished a 1/2oz lipless crank bait chrome black back again and slayed Mr. Stripey. Had a hookup on back to back casts. Caught 8 in total 4 misses. All fish around 1 - 2 lbs. Slow/med retrieve from 5 - 15ft deep.

Great job. I need to head up there again.

Thanks for the report, Basstard. I just recently went - first time - and noticed big signs that read "boats stay at least 500' away from dam". Do they really enforce this or are you just pushing your luck and getting close, casting a mile or? Just curious if I should give it a shot, as I'm going again next Thursday.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Baja1ab View Post
    Thanks for the report, Basstard. I just recently went - first time - and noticed big signs that read "boats stay at least 500' away from dam". Do they really enforce this or are you just pushing your luck and getting close, casting a mile or? Just curious if I should give it a shot, as I'm going again next Thursday.

Thanks!
    I have never seen anyone come close to the dam and fish in a boat and I don't know if they would enforce it if you did.

Me thinks they would. Certainly many break the 500' law but those are mostly recreational boaters that just zoom on by, if you plan on fishing the dam with a trolling motor and tossing towards shore then I really think you'd be pushing it, but hell most likely you'll just get a warning and in the scope of crap going on out there that one is pretty minor in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Me thinks they would. Certainly many break the 500' law but those are mostly recreational boaters that just zoom on by, if you plan on fishing the dam with a trolling motor and tossing towards shore then I really think you'd be pushing it, but hell most likely you'll just get a warning and in the scope of crap going on out there that one is pretty minor in my book.
    Thanks Seal. I'm going on a Thursday. I went last Wednesday and never saw a single lake patrol boat. I may come in from one end or another first thing and toss a couple out to see what's bitin. I guess I'll feel it out. Thanks again.