Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Float tubing Cabrillo Beach?

Default Float tubing Cabrillo Beach?

Any one float tube in this area, or see any one else in this area? Are there big sharks there? Gonna go down there for some fishing this Friday and thought I would bring the float tube with just in case.

The usual suspects are there. No big sharks. Hell, you're more likely to be run over by a boat before a shark mauls you. Becareful though, the boat traffic is crazy. Some are bursting 40kts at you back to the launch ramp. I've seen other tubers there going for Butts' most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    The usual suspects are there. No big sharks. Hell, you're more likely to be run over by a boat before a shark mauls you. Becareful though, the boat traffic is crazy. Some are bursting 40kts at you back to the launch ramp. I've seen other tubers there going for Butts' most of the time.
    cool.. gonna try it. is there a place to wash off tubes and waders?

Ditto what IF2L said and definitely tube it. Sorry, no info about showers or faucets. I'm all ghetto and just throw my filthy gear into my car and rinse things off at home. There are advantages to having a crappy car.

Take a water jug or 2 with you

Quote Originally Posted by one long cast View Post
    Take a water jug or 2 with you
    I dont have room for that. But I will bring my collapsible hose and hope there is a faucet by the boat ramp.

You could just wash off your gear at home. Tubes should be washed off with soap anyways after getting salt exposure.

wat is actual regulation there??? there is previous post by swat member about harbor patrol not allowing fishing there ?? or is that from light house to sand area in boat/pontoon/tube.... i saw somewhere that it is cosidered l.a. port therefore no fish zone. but if u fish next (2nd) wall over its considered lbc port.... that i know lots of boat yak and scuba guys hit up...

btw did recon walking trip on cabrillo pier.... crappy no fish as expected and very windy!!! looks like they dont powerwash the pier in years. concrete wiith piss stains.. cut up dried baits on railings etc....... on aside note at least its only $1hr /park and about $10launch.... u pay when u leave and dont have to slamm quarters like other places...

Not sure if the port of LA in San Pedro has eased up on no fishing enforcement but in Long beach where no fishing areas were heavily enforced the Port Authorities have now changed their policies to allow fishing. Most still don't know about it and no one saw this coming but hey we'll take it... Chalk one up for local anglers... It feels good to get some water back after taking so many losses in recent years... Here's a link..

http://lbpost.com/news/2000003240-po...s#.U-Lpl-NdWSo

Nice! That's for the info JerryG! How about that 100yd rule with the docks? Does that fall under this new tariff?