Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NPH!!! fun times

Default NPH!!! fun times

I have not been able to get a line wet for about 2 months now... was itching to get out.. found an excuse for this morning and headed out got there around 5am.. first cast with the lc and got an little hali 15 incher or so..

a couple cast later I got slammed my rod bent over like it was a mud marlin!! but some how the lc didnt stick..... I have always found it so fascinating how a lure like the lc with 3 triple hooks can get a bite and not get a hook in them so amazing... then i switched it up and went after some bass and ended the day with 9 or 10 couple nicer ones around 15 - 16 inches but most just average.. not a bad day lots of fun the lc always is....

I have to say the water is getting worst in newport i could hardly see couple feet in to it...

oh and i cant forget around 10:30 or 11am i was on the island and watched a 14-16 foot boat crash in to one of those multi-million dollar yachts I want to get a camera i can wear now cause that crap was amazing it did a lot of damage. plus it would be cool to have the catches recorded any recommendations would be welcomed on what good cameras are...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0878.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	44644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0880.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	44645  

Hi benichi

Good job out there especially on the "bassiez"

I am glad you got out there and also did well.

I haven't been for long awhile my self - family and work.

Best to ya,

Nick

Always nice get a hook up right away.
    Congrats.

WWO

Good job and pics...

Funny how those dang hooks on an LC seem to have no problem sticking your fingers or clothes but fish manage to avoid them more than we like. Nice going on both the pancake and bass. Glad to hear your back in action.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by benichi View Post
    I have to say the water is getting worst in newport i could hardly see couple feet in to it...
    That means the water in Newps is getting better!

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Funny how those dang hooks on an LC seem to have no problem sticking your fingers or clothes but fish manage to avoid them more than we like. Nice going on both the pancake and bass. Glad to hear your back in action.

Don

yeah it really does amaze me..

Nice return to the salt! You seem to be dialing in the harbor pretty well. Keep at it! Hope to run into you at HG6!

Skunked4life

I LOVE it when the water gets murky in NPH. The spotties will be more active in murky water, they feel safer.

Nice job out there benichi. I would hate to be that guy who crashed into that yacht . Thanks for sharing.

-Peter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast