Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team 57 legend calls his shot @ the co-op

Default Team 57 legend calls his shot @ the co-op

Another July has almost passed and with it the fourth Team 57 Catfish Co-Op in the books, this one saw arguably the best fishing based on the quality of the fish that came to the scales.

Spent a perfect Friday evening under the stars with my daughter, Hitts, the "Bugman", his wife Robin and family friend Eddie who had a ton of great fishing stories to share....boy it sure beat the heat of the San Fernando Valley! Slept in and man that felt great(hard not to in the ol skool conversion van), then grabbed some coffee at Roger's Cafe before meeting a few friends for a quick morning meeting. Wrapped things up and headed over to the spot where the boys were already gathering....

The guys did a group effort on the bbqs in Big Daddy's absence, Dyno Dan gave a nice heartfelt prayer for our good friend as well as for those that could not make it because of life changes/circumstances....be blessed my friends, our thoughts and hearts go out to you!

"The Chow Line"

We had a nice table of raffle prizes for people to choose from, thanks to our friends and sponsors everyone left smiling.....

Bebop it was great seeing you and meeting your daughter, thank you again for your continued support!

Rooster Rob and Pedro Pirate Rob checkin in with some goods...

New Team 57 member Bree rockin the Los Anglers hat and her raffle prizes

Rooster and my cat fishing partner "Little TD" ....

from left to right: Hookum Dano (KOTC qualifier), BobberBoy (inventor of the "I finally caught a Blue Cat" dance), SeeChrisFish (Catfishing padawan), yours truely, Sergio (of Angler Chronicle's) and Rooster (the catfish Jedi)....thanks for your friendship gentleman, I am a fortunate guy to know all of you.

Later in the afternoon Hometown and Reelgurlzfish showed up, not far behind Trollmeister and Pontoon came straggling though the gate....they got their grub from the "to go" truck before hitting the water!

Before hitting the water I made the mistake of jokingly calling out Pontoon when I told him I was shooting for my 2nd Co-Op title and it was him who I beat out that year. I asked him if he was up for the challenge and he confidently pointed at me, smiled and winked like a cunning fox! I had the immediate feeling that I had awoken a sleeping lion.

Okay the fishing part.....

Met up with Bing and the lady angler crew for a night on his Crestliner, love fishing on that boat. Got to the launch ramp to see Capt SeeChrisFish armed and ready for action!

Out on the water there is always something to see out on the lake until the fish start biting.....

Is it picture time or something?

Ohhhhh now I understand why everyone wanted a picture! A "legend" sighting...

It just never gets old....it just keeps getting better

After a tour of the lake we settled into the flats and it didn't take too long for the action to start. All hands on deck got to put the hurt on the kitties and my good luck charm ended the night with big fish honors on the boat with a solid 7.15lb fish....wtg kid! Fresh mack doused in Bite-On Cajun did the trick....

John this is how you hold them kittens! lol

As the midnight hour approached Team 57 members started flooding to the scales with fat catfish in hand....nice catch Sue, great to see you again!

Heck EVEN Ronson caught a few! Catmando had a SERIOUS limit the night prior and some good ones Saturday as well...

Osito, his Dad Jerry and Hitts all cashed in as well....

"here kitty kitty kitty"

Biggest limit of 5 fish went just over 31lbs....

When BobberBoy and ThisFool have catfish in hand you KNOW its wfo....congrats on your first blue John!

After all was said and done Pontoon ousted the field with his 12.75lb+ catfish to take the 2014 Catfish Co-Op...congratulations Terry!

Team Trolltoon....Legends of Irvine Lake

At the end of the night things got a little crazy and Hitts went after Trolly's corn

I'm already looking forward to the next fishing advenure, hope to see you on the water soon...

"There is nothing you can't accomplish when you surround yourself with good friends"

Thank you for reading.

TD

WAY TO GO TERRY.........AND THAT OTHER GUY TOO...............................t/o..............

Wow was that a kick butt time or what? Great food , Great people & great fishing. It can't get any better in my eyes.

Congrats to Pontoon. Great looking kitty my brother. Hope 2 cya at the lake this weekend.

Thanks for all the hard work TD & Hitts. You guys are a true asset to the lake and Team 57.

Ohh Thanks to all the cooks. Best food I have eaten this year. YUM

Last but not least thanks to all my Team 57 Brothers & Sisters. You all are the BEST! Hope 2 cya all soon

Good job and congrats Terry, way to kick Kitty booty!

Another great Team 57 event.
    Congrats to Pontoon! Great "live" fishing report!! As it happened! !
    Thanks to everyone that brought potluck items. The food was delicious.

Rooster..I'll keep trying. Lol
    TroutDog. .great report, thanks.
    Last edited by See Chris Fish; 07-23-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Yeah it was a day/night to remember ! Funny part is we only hit 2 spots on the lake,and the second one went WFO for us ! This wouldn't be a true event if it wasn't for our Team !
    All the great food,jokes,and great friendship all in one day ! Catfish Co-Op lives on through TEAM 57 BABY!

OWNING! See you guys in less than 2 weeks!

Had a great time cooking. Fishing wasnt hot for us but it was a nice relaxing night! Thanks and welcome all the new cats that showed up!
    Looking forward to the next one. Godbless!

I like the legend shot next to
    The dam,,,

You guys keep it going....

Cm

Aaron, Excellent Report and Thank You!

I have to say that the Mission Statement "Family, Friends, Fun and Fishing" was once again with us as soon as Trolly and I rolled up. The Team 57 Camaraderie was in full force as everyone anticipated another night of cat fishing at Irvine Lake. I'll have to say that after sampling just about everything that came off one of the BBQ's I had a hard time not diving in for seconds! Thank you for saving some for me and Trolly.

I had a great time with all of you who showed up and participated. I've always enjoyed the past Team 57 gatherings and this one was no different getting to share the water with old friends and especially getting a challenge from Troutdog.

I've got to say thanks to all who participated and especially for allowing me to have the honor of taking home the Catfish Co-Op Trophy. It will hang on my wall at home right along side of some of my other Team 57 memories. Memories of Good Friends and Good Times that will not be forgotten!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast