Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Prado lake

Default Prado lake

Just looking for a little 411 on Prado lake if anybody has any

I was able to catch holdover cats & trout in deeper water through late May. Last time I fished it was June 21st. Water temps are now 75 - 80 degrees. Fishing was tough then and I'm still trying to figure out the summer patterns here. Bass at the usual spots in cover close to shore for the catch and release fisherman. I have a feeling the cats are also in tight cover or around drop offs adjacent shallow water cover. Go early, lake shuts down at 4pm. Good luck out there.

Thanks for the info i will give it a shot

Went yesterday for a couple of hours. Caught 4 bass. Biggest was 1lb 8 oz. Lost a few as well. No luck with the catfish this time. Last time I caught 10 on the m&m combo. Didn't see anyone else catch anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Webfoot View Post
    I was able to catch holdover cats & trout in deeper water through late May. Last time I fished it was June 21st. Water temps are now 75 - 80 degrees. Fishing was tough then and I'm still trying to figure out the summer patterns here. Bass at the usual spots in cover close to shore for the catch and release fisherman. I have a feeling the cats are also in tight cover or around drop offs adjacent shallow water cover. Go early, lake shuts down at 4pm. Good luck out there.

Holdovers? Lol they stock regularly , also they close at 7pm not 4. Lake is only 22' deepest spot most run between 7'-14 also weed cover is thick 10"-24" most areas M&M combo with power eggs instead of mellows I soak the eggs in garlic and crawfish mixture puts off oil and smell float it above the weed line!!!! lol almost

Let me clarify. I was catching "catfish" from a boat in April before they started the summer "catfish" stockings. The Calaveras trout I caught then were recently stocked in April. Lake closes at seven but it was my understanding that boats need to be off the water one hour prior to close. Agree with you on the power eggs, they work on the cats. What depth would you target catfish now?
    Last edited by Webfoot; 07-30-2014 at 12:47 PM.

I know I was giving you a hard time lol pm me I'll tell you everything I know in exchange for tips