Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wood report

Oh ya nightfishing up there is the best..love it...
    been throwin punkers like crazy last few...
    word of caution though..our resident mt lion is lurking the dam area...He took both our goats and 4 30 lb plus turkeys over the span of 6 months...hes pretty big and not too worried about being around humans....last time i saw him he just lazily walked off....kinda cool though....also took a few heifers down at los flores =)....

this reminds me of the one time camping trip with the little ones there. my three year old daughter saying mommy daddy look at the ground squirrels. well those where not ground squirrels but very large rats. one of the worst state parks i have ever been too. this was before the recession and the state had plenty of money. told the park wranger about the rats nest in the camp ground and they were not concerned.
    Last edited by gridjockey; 08-02-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Funny but rats in the wild are just wild animals. Really don't think there's much they can do. If they trap them they risk catching wildlife, if they bait them they risk killing wild life.

The rangers do a helluva job with what they have to work with. The problems there are human related not animal related.

perhaps you dont understand that these rats were within 5 ft of the campground space that we were assigned.if you have little ones you would be concerned. yes this was a human issue because of the fact that these rats were there for the trash left behind by campers just throwing discarded food and what not into the surrounding buishes.
    Last edited by gridjockey; 08-04-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Mersch......
    Last edited by edward; 08-06-2014 at 11:22 AM. Reason: try to see if my avatar picture upload worked

Quote Originally Posted by gridjockey View Post
    perhaps you dont understand that these rats were within 5 ft of the campground space that we were assigned.if you have little ones you would be concerned. yes this was a human issue because of the fact that these rats were there for the trash left behind by campers just throwing discarded food and what not into the surrounding buishes.
    I stay in the campgrounds occasionally. My suggestion would be stay away from the sites with rock walls around them, that is where the rats live.

It is definitely not the nicest campground, state needs to invest more money and stop raising the rates. I think they are what $45.00 now, ridiculous!!!! If you go to Dogwood campground near Arrowhead, a national not state campground it is extremely nice and well maintained. Don't know where our dollars are going, actually I do but that belongs in a political discussion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123