Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wide Open Striper, Night Fishing with Capt'n 7/19/2014

Thanks...much appreciated!!

way to slay ron and scott , I always did good with a flylined crawler under the light .did the threadfin shad show up on the lights...................bob.........

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    way to slay ron and scott , I always did good with a flylined crawler under the light .did the threadfin shad show up on the lights...................bob.........
    Thanks Bob,

We had lots of other minnows but I didn't see the threadfin.

I like to watch the threadfin circle the light when they come. In North Carolina, I've had them circling so thick that we would just put our hands in the water and they would swim right up into them. I've only ever seen a few circle in Castaic.

Scott, you were by the light did you see shad?
    Last edited by fishinone; 07-22-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Moonlight Fishing from boat is almost a guaranteed catch cuz the guys hv their fav spots , fish finders etc......For the shore guys a different story hence few or no reports. Went 3 summers in a row and with every bait possible.. About 2 fish for 100guys out there.. I esp like the day fisherman that hide when they supposed to be kickd out so night event can start.. While everyone is parked up on hill and pay entrance they walk toward car 1/2 way then go bk to their spot!! Unfair advantage????. Not hating.. But y'all know who u are....

Quote Originally Posted by BALLERONBUDGET View Post
    Moonlight Fishing from boat is almost a guaranteed catch cuz the guys hv their fav spots , fish finders etc......For the shore guys a different story hence few or no reports. Went 3 summers in a row and with every bait possible.. About 2 fish for 100guys out there.. I esp like the day fisherman that hide when they supposed to be kickd out so night event can start.. While everyone is parked up on hill and pay entrance they walk toward car 1/2 way then go bk to their spot!! Unfair advantage????. Not hating.. But y'all know who u are....

LOL! Have we exercised and unfair advantage over shore fishermen?

Seriously, night fishing at Castaic, even from a boat, is anything but a slam dunk. I've been about six times and 3 were skunks.
    Last edited by fishinone; 07-22-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Unfair advantage meaning meaning ur 10th or so in line.. car park or launch ur boat , walk to end of dam and 50 guys are still there from day shift! Boaters supposed to be off h20 by 730 are still pulling a skier In or may pretend they hv engine probs to stay on water then head back to hotspot....

ron I have to confess, me and hiro used to have the unfair advantage back when I first did the night fishing and I showed up with the bait lights dropped both down and hogged all the nice fish ,until the rest of the fleet finally caught on and got lights ,then the effect got wrecked, because it spreads the bait out too much............i'm going to see in a couple weeks but I think I will fish the other side of the lake and hope for the shads to showup..................T/O..............

Nice Slay fellas.

Glad to hear they were biting.

Been to 3 night events and got skunked
    All 3 times.

Great to hear you had a good time.

I have had amazing moonlight events , and have been skunked. First event this year fished with Khahn, and we had 1 bite for the entire night. However there were fish everywhere, just didn't want to play. A few years back fished moonlight same time of year with Cowpaddy, Fishyboy and myself had 8 fish over 4 lbs and all of us caught limits, so you just never know....

No threadfin uncle bob, but lots of life around the light...........

Utopia was really wide open

Capt'n

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    ron I have to confess, me and hiro used to have the unfair advantage back when I first did the night fishing and I showed up with the bait lights dropped both down and hogged all the nice fish ,until the rest of the fleet finally caught on and got lights ,then the effect got wrecked, because it spreads the bait out too much............i'm going to see in a couple weeks but I think I will fish the other side of the lake and hope for the shads to showup..................T/O..............
    Scott had an unfair advantage last Saturday! He had me with him! LOL

When did they start the Moonlight Fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by MikesOcean View Post
    Nice Slay fellas.

Glad to hear they were biting.

Been to 3 night events and got skunked
    All 3 times.

Great to hear you had a good time.

I've only been on a wide open slay this one time. Another time I watched Capt'n and KPN, slay fish after fish while we caught just a few near them.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT'N View Post
    I have had amazing moonlight events , and have been skunked. First event this year fished with Khahn, and we had 1 bite for the entire night. However there were fish everywhere, just didn't want to play. A few years back fished moonlight same time of year with Cowpaddy, Fishyboy and myself had 8 fish over 4 lbs and all of us caught limits, so you just never know....

No threadfin uncle bob, but lots of life around the light...........

Utopia was really wide open

Capt'n
    Was Dry Gulch a Utopia too?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12