Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SWAT Goes North again!!!! WWO'S PB, well sort of..

Default SWAT Goes North again!!!! WWO'S PB, well sort of..

I'm tired is an understatement. Up at 2 AM and on the road by 3 AM and Hiked round trip 7.22 miles.

Sunday morning MY Fishing Yoda ( aka Mikey, Exfactor, Rice Ball ) and I along with Scott, who did this epic location 2 weeks ago, humped it to the same AO Wingnut posted.

We parked in the dark and set off on our Trek. I mapped it on Google Earth as 3+ miles from the departure location to lures in the water. Long walk in the dark had its interesting moments. Once there we went on a Epic BSP slay. My 1st cast landed right in the zone and bamm a solid hook up. Slid that pig up on the beach and confirmed everything I was told about this place. For at least the first hour is was 15"+ pigs sliding all over the sand.

Mikey, Scott and I were getting spread out quite a bit, but we each had our own honey holes.
    At one point I couldn't even see Scott down the beach. The fish were stacked for Miles.

I'll let the photos tell the story. Sorry we didn't have the SWAT photographer with us. He must of had another mission to attend to.

Oh and I kinda, sorta, might of, got the biggest BSP EVER!! See last photo. Just depends how you do the math.

Looking Left

Looking Right

Rice Ball having a Snack and a break

Not as bad as it looks. Yeah the pig inhaled the LC, but the Tail Treble hook broke off earlier on a different fish.
    I decided to retire the lure until I met another fisherman on our hike out. Gave it to him along with the story of how good it was this morning and wished him luck.

Now for the story of my 2 little piggys. LOL
    Not sure which one hooked up first. But I sure knew it had some weight to it when trying to bring em the beach. Gotta admit I've caught 2 large mouth bass like this before, but I sure didn't expect this.
    So that's my 26"BSP story and I'm sticking to it..........

Last edited by Which Way Out; 07-21-2014 at 03:50 PM.

What the heck? That's nuts haha! Congrats on 26"s of perchies lol. I'm totally jealous that you guys have that beautiful stretch of beach all you yourselves. This is awesome though, thanks for sharing!

Raney

Bill,

Although it was a lot of work to get to that stretch of beach it looks to me like it was well worth it for you, Mikey and Scott from the pictures and the results.

Now as far as your two little piggies being the biggest surf perch ever caught it may come down to a "Split Decision" after all the votes are tallied.

Good to see a report from you Bill!
    The 3 miles seems worth it, to get 26" of BSP...
    I do believe that is a first on an LC though??
    I got to fish for about thirty minutes today, but my Wife had a short leash on me for a beach gathering...
    Oh well, hopefully next week I'll get out and try to get something nice from the surf.
    Take care Bro!

Robert
    <><

Well Done boys......those are some fatties.........great job boys, thanks for sharing Bill.........

Great report Bill. Those are some piggy perch. Beautiful pictures and that place looks awesome.

-Peter

Hi ya Which Way Out,

That's quite a tale of tails my friend and I'd stick to it too! It's a great story about your double hitting PB!

The northern AO that you guys are fishing at ... looks fantastic!

Thanx Bill for the fish report with pic's!

SP Dan <"))><

Now I know why they call them "pigs" :lol:
    Nice double on the lc!
    That is such a nice ao. It's a long trek in and out but a beautiful stretch of secluded beach loaded with fat perch. It makes it well worth it. Plus it's great exercise!
    Thanks for the report, Bill!

-Daniel

wow... that is awesome

Hey Bill,

Great report and outing there brotha! With the volume of life around there, it's no surprise that you'd pull that one off. Now you have a new PB category, total inches of fish in one cast. We'll be waiting for that 30+" report SOON! Looking forward to seeing you in a couple months if not sooner. One more step in locking down our location today.

Tight lines...
    Don

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast