Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40lb Blue Catfish just Caught and Released tonight!!!

Default 40lb Blue Catfish just Caught and Released tonight!!!

Marty Sauceda of Costa Mesa just caught and released this GIANT 40.0lb Blue Catfish tonight at Irvine Lake. Marty was fishing a Bonita head doused in Bite On Cajun and Bite On Garlic when the BEAST bit. Congratulations Marty on a heck of a fish!

Another shot of Marty Sauceda's 40.0lb Blue Catfish he caught and released while fishing a Bonita head doused in Bite On Cajun and Bite On Garlic.
    Marty is no stranger to the GIANT Catfish of Irvine Lake as he and his partner Elaine have caught numerous Trophy Catfish from Irvine Lake.

ONe of the reasons Irvine Lake is nationally reconized as one of the premire Catfish fishries in the nation are the GIANT Blue Catfish that inhabit the lake and tonight one of them bit a great anglers line.
    Marty Sauceda of Costa Mesa caught and released this 40.0lb Blue Catfsh while fishing a Bonita head doused in Bite ON Cajun and Bite On Garlic. Congratulations again goes out to Marty on a fish of a lifetime and he has caught a few this size and bigger from Irvine Lake.

Wait didn't I just read a post a week ago that there were no longer allowing catch and release any longer ?

Congratulations!!!!!! It looks bigger then #40, but I guess it's hard to judge what they really weigh once they get that Huge!!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-19-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askwhy View Post
    Wait didn't I just read a post a week ago that there were no longer allowing catch and release any longer ?
    I also read that anything 20lbs or over wins you a pass or something and the fish then is released. I assume it's the average size stockers that the rule applies to...

Congratulations Marty!

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Congratulations Marty!
    nice job Marty. way to release that fish. see you out there soon.

Great job marty!!

wasnt there a thread saying that all the big blues didn't make it at irvine lake??

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman951 View Post
    wasnt there a thread saying that all the big blues didn't make it at irvine lake??
    No!!!!! Any thread that's say's there is not yet a 100 lbs catfish living in Irvine lake was probably written by me. My contention is the old generation of Monster catfish died of old age about 10 years ago. They have since been restocked and are growing quite nicely. The biggest ones in there now (My opinion only!!!!!!) are in the 50 lbs range soon to be in the 60 lbs range. Since Irvine lake is stocking Medium size Blue Catfish every year now. (These are the starter catfish that turn into monster catfish) Irvine Lake is now the home again of the Monster Catfish (You can prove that fact by their being caught on a regular basis now) and will be that for way for years to come.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-20-2014 at 09:01 AM.

WTG Marty, the catfish bite is on FIRE right now! Lots of 5-7lbers hitting the cleaning station this weekend....see you on the 2nd or sooner!

TD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast