Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LA Lakers OFFICIAL '14-'15 SEASON Thread Brought to you by the Clippers, Yet Again

Default LA Lakers OFFICIAL '14-'15 SEASON Thread Brought to you by the Clippers, Yet Again

Carlos Boozer!??! AND Jeremy Lin!??! (LAKER GANG!!!)

Between Nash, Kobe and Boozer, the Lakers have to be considered the favorite to win the 2006 NBA Finals.

Thoughts?

Boom! That and with Byron Scott out on the wing opening up the middle, it's basically a done deal.

Remember when the Laker threads here used to be 10 pages long?

But we're not bandwagon fans, naw. Go Kings!

You just wait a see how this thread EXPLODES half way through the season.

All together now: 1, 2, 3,.. LOTTERY PICK!

The team IS NOT & WILL NOT be very good for a couple of years....what else is there to say?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Remember when the Laker threads here used to be 10 pages long?

But we're not bandwagon fans, naw. Go Kings!
    I know im not a bandwagon fan, i just stopped liking the lakers cuz they haven't won a championship recently. But when they win another one i'll be a fan again, so its all good.

In all seriousness though, i don't think theres anything to say. We probably won't be any good until kobe is gone, and julius randle develops into the next barkely. I think if we can build around him, we could be a contender in the next 5 years or so(if he lives up to his potential), provided we get lucky in future free agency markets.

But until thats happens, im gonna be a cleveland fan, or a spurs fan, or a thunder fan, or a clippers fan. It all depends on who wins next years title.
    Last edited by fishinarteest; 07-31-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    I know im not a bandwagon fan, i just stopped liking the lakers cuz they haven't won a championship recently. But when they win another one i'll be a fan again, so its all good.
    Um......you do realize that your description entails you a bandwagon fan, right?

OK, i just realized fishinarteest is trolling.

Right?

Ya know I must be sick in the head but I have a little bit of optimism now. Probably has to do with a blast from the past Byron Scott coming back. Don't expect great things but I think the Kobe factor is always there and am actually looking forward to seeing Jeremy Lin in the mix.

Maybe I just need to put down the bong.....

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Maybe I just need to put down the bong.....
    You do.

Linsanity lasted half a season, and Kobe is as agile as I am after taking a few rips.

Nevermind the Laker Brass gave him a 40 million dollar retirement gift.

I'll still be a Laker fan, no doubt, unlike a lot of people, but don't expect any type of turnaround unless Short Buss gets run over by a bus, or 2020 comes around and we can get some good draft picks.

Said it before, and said it again...perhaps it was wise to stop giving Kobe what he wanted for the past 6 years. Sometimes, business is a business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast