Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: afternoon sesh 7/16

Default afternoon sesh 7/16

So today I headed out on a solo mission. Had 3hrs to kill, so decided to dedicate the afternoon to the A rig for the first time. Went straight across to the inlet and started tossing out a boyah with kitech swimbaits. Around 15 mins I feel a thump but no hookup, I keep reeling and not a second later it was fish on. Landed a 3.5 largie. I was stoked. Of course she was released to grow into the trophy size bass. After this fish I moved around abit trying to keep the boat steady as the wind was blowing a little hard. No more action for me on the Arig but, Im glad I hooked into my first fish on this bait. I will definitely be throwing this rig alot more. It was a good afternoon on the water with some learning of how to fish this bait. Get out there and fish!
    Last edited by fishntime38; 07-16-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Default Hey

Sounded like you had a fun three hours

ted

Yeah nothing like catching a fish within a few casts on a new lure or rig. Gives lots of confidence!