Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skinner Lake Parking Lot 7/12/2014

East end is pretty choked with weeds, not as clear as the main lake but clear water in places. I fished a club derby there today and 16 lbs. won it, that was on a jerkbait, I didn't throw it but heard there were some fish guarding fry that were eating it. There is a frog bite, I got one 4 on the frog and lost a couple in the same class, I had quite the crappy percentage of landed fish on the frog today but that's how it goes some days. Guys caught them on a fluke as well, I ended up fishing a drop shot in the pockets in the grass and got a few that way. Pretty fun out there right now!

Quote Originally Posted by bassnet View Post
    East end is pretty choked with weeds, not as clear as the main lake but clear water in places. I fished a club derby there today and 16 lbs. won it, that was on a jerkbait, I didn't throw it but heard there were some fish guarding fry that were eating it. There is a frog bite, I got one 4 on the frog and lost a couple in the same class, I had quite the crappy percentage of landed fish on the frog today but that's how it goes some days. Guys caught them on a fluke as well, I ended up fishing a drop shot in the pockets in the grass and got a few that way. Pretty fun out there right now!
    Man I definitely was doing something wrong. I have all the right baits jus didn't know where to fish it. So stay away from the east end? Fish pockets with drop shot? Sorry I'm Guna go next week and don't wana get skunked this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnguyen5992 View Post
    Man I definitely was doing something wrong. I have all the right baits jus didn't know where to fish it. So stay away from the east end? Fish pockets with drop shot? Sorry I'm Guna go next week and don't wana get skunked this time.
    What lb. test are you using? 4# or 6# F/C is about as heavy as you can get away with using when Skinner gets this clear.

I have been going to Skinner about 3 times a week for the past month (finally bought a boat and don't have to rent) and the lake changes daily. The lake was up and it looked like it dropped a foot or two last week.

When I was last there on Thursday I had a friend of my familys kid and could not hook up on any of the usual baits. I switched it up to a fly matching the hatch thinking I would at least be able to catch him a blue gill. To my surprise I hooked and he landed 4 fish in between 2-4lbs. I didn't hand my setup off to him anymore but the fry guarders went crazy for that fly, all suicide bass.

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    What lb. test are you using? 4# or 6# F/C is about as heavy as you can get away with using when Skinner gets this clear.
    6# test f/c seguar. Think I jus wasn't fishin were the bass were...

I got my drop shot fish on 15 lb flouro, but that was in the back- I wouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight if you decide to fish back there :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123