Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Pics with Colorado River report 7-12/13 2014 - With MAN OVERBOARD pic!!

Default Pics with Colorado River report 7-12/13 2014 - With MAN OVERBOARD pic!!

Hit the river again this weekend. Fishing was ok. Most caught off of cover with grubs, shad imitation swim baits and black with blue flake curly tailed 6" worms. Some pretty nice SMB's.

My brother lost a 5-ish pound LMB right at the boat. His line broke. I can't tell you how many times I was berated afterward for not having a "muther fu**ing net" on the boat!

Found out what they were eating pretty quick

Then not long after the LMB incident, I caught a pretty nice SMB that spit the hook when I lifted him in. When I went to grab him off of the deck I heard my son say "DAD!!" and point at the water. When I looked over I saw my rod sinking to the depths.

I lipped the fish, somersaulted over the side and grabbed it before it could sink. Never let the fish go of course!! TA DA!!

My boy is pretty quick with a camera!

Got my hat back too!

Here are the rest of the bigger ones.

Huge full moon this weekend, and some really pretty sunsets.

great job out there..What campsite is that your parked at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Hit the river again this weekend. Fishing was ok. Most caught off of cover with grubs, shad imitation swim baits and black with blue flake curly tailed 6" worms. Some pretty nice SMB's.

My brother lost a 5-ish pound LMB right at the boat. His line broke. I can't tell you how many times I was berated afterward for not having a "muther fu**ing net" on the boat!

Found out what they were eating pretty quick

Then not long after the LMB incident, I caught a pretty nice SMB that spit the hook when I lifted him in. When I went to grab him off of the deck I heard my son say "DAD!!" and point at the water. When I looked over I saw my rod sinking to the depths.

I lipped the fish, somersaulted over the side and grabbed it before it could sink. Never let the fish go of course!! TA DA!!

My boy is pretty quick with a camera!

Got my hat back too!

Here are the rest of the bigger ones.

Huge full moon this weekend, and some really pretty sunsets.

It is my house by Water Wheel.

Are you just down river from Water Wheel? At a "resort" or just on your own. Our friends own at waterwheel, but I think at some point I may buy a place somewhere out there. Not sure on Blythe, Parker, or Havasu though. We go to all now.

Got good laugh w the somersault (-:
    Must be really warm there thus a dip in cold water would be tremendously satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by chompot View Post
    Are you just down river from Water Wheel? At a "resort" or just on your own. Our friends own at waterwheel, but I think at some point I may buy a place somewhere out there. Not sure on Blythe, Parker, or Havasu though. We go to all now.
    We're what is called the Water Wheel sub division. Right below Water Wheel. About 9 houses in a row. They are building more below us now unfortunately...

Yup... it is all open now. You can walk right across the grass. I am worried about what that place may turn into. Our friends have been there for around 20 years, maybe more. With 150 new trailers going in, I heard they were also going to allow financing... Eeeek. That might bring some yahoos down there. Water Wheel was at the top of my list. I am not so sure now.

Great place for family and fishing though. I will have to let you know next time we plan to be out there.

you da man, thats pretty cool, looks like you had a blast.

What a save!!! Nice smallies too. I really like that last pic...nice and serene.