Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Gregory 7/11/14

Default Lake Gregory 7/11/14

Absolute disappointment. Float tubed the whole lake; fountain area, ball field area, dam area, and more and only a couple fish. Talked to guys at the marina and no stock since 6/20. He also stated and confirmed with another worker that they aren't getting DFG stocks anymore either. Said they were slated to get their next Calveras stock on 7/22. Saw several small catfish in the water and some huge carp. Other than that was alot of work for not alot of fish. Better off to take chances elsewhere.....

The change over not quite what everybody expected, including me. I still wish no change would have been made to fish management.

Maybe they will try and get more off season anglers by planting more in the fall and early winter and are targeting the water play crowd during the summer, makes sense since the lake does get quite warm in the summer and trout become a little difficult to target during that time.

Fished Gregory on Friday as well. Water temps 73-75 degrees. Caught 2 sculpin and a crawfish, lol. The Staff pretty much told me the same thing about the limited stockings. Word of caution: Launching private boats here is a complete and total hassle! Could barely negotiate the ramp with my SUV and 11' Lund boat. Lake employees couldn't be bothered to move equipment out the way of the launch area. Pretty much bit my tongue and delt with it. I Forget how lazy some mountain people could be. Wont be back due to the subpar fishing and lazy staff!
    Last edited by Webfoot; 07-17-2014 at 07:19 AM.

That sucks to hear I used to go fish for free with a license and get limits of trout. Haven't been there since over a year or so and have been itching to go. Maybe wait till fall the. Thanks for the intel!

I just saw that they allegedly put in 1500# of Browns from the DFG, however they said that they werent getting state stocks. Supposedly next Friday they are getting 1000# of Calveras over 2#.

Hey TD that's good to know! Maybe I'll head up there next week. I've never float tubed up there before so I just might have to try it out. Haven't used the tube in a year! FYI, I tried the shore at Castaic and got nothing today.

If you hit it on the right day after a stock it can be pretty fun. They charge $10 to launch and $4 to fish so it can get pricey. Wish they would stock Jenks.

The trout just go deep, think deep.

FYI: Lake Gregory under new management is now charging for fishing. The original promise is that they will stock better. It is much worse as I hike around the lake and always check out what the fishermen are catching. So the new management company is not keeping their promise.

Their focus is likely to be on the most profitable end of the business which are the water park and parking. Fishing is very low on their priority and my guess is that they will not improve it but time will tell.

UL

I will try Gregory the week after Labor Day.Is it worth wetting a line?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast