Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 115dfi Mercury Heads up - engine recall notice

Default 115dfi Mercury Heads up - engine recall notice

Just received a recall notice for my engine (115 DFI Optimax) - screws holding the induction reeds in place on the reed block may not meet minimum torque requirements causing loose or broken reeds on the air handling assembly. This results in reduced power and ultimately poor idle quality.

Just so you all know.

Bit of an inconvenience, but hey ho, prefer to be told and get it fixed than let it damage the engine. Think I'll combine the 20 minor service and get a fishfinder mounted on the console as well. Take advantage of the situation kinda deal.

Wurz

Do you have anymore info on the recall. Ie documents?

Do you know what year it affects

Only document referenced on the letter I got is Mercury Marine Service Bulletin 2013-11. No indication of year, but given the bulletin mentions 2013 - could be from there onwards.
    Mercury Outboard Customer Server is on 1- 920-929-5040 and open from 07:30 to 17:30 CST - could be a good place to check to see whether your engine is affected fella.

Thats all I have, sorry.

Wurz