Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Reunion in Oceanside fishing 5 days with lots of Grandchildren

Default Reunion in Oceanside fishing 5 days with lots of Grandchildren

It was exciting time for the JL family as we gathered together from around the country to hold our 5 day family reunion in Oceanside. All 38 of the family made it to the reunion. My wife and I had put our 22 foot T top in a guest slip for the week. I had fisherman and fisherwomen of all ages all week. WE fished the pipe, Carlsbad Kelp, Some small rock piles and small kelp patties we found near the harbor, and fished in side the harbor. Although we caught fish at all the locations the best for the kids was a spot I knew of in the harbor where we caught 7 different species, including Halibut, White sea Bass, sculpin, mackerel, rock bass, calico and sand bass.
    Great time for the kids pulling up over 44 fish. All released except 2 rock fish at 15 inches/ 2 lbs. each

Thought I had hooked my record PB Halibut. Did all the right things to get it to the surface only to find out it was a very large Bat Ray...... but the fight was fun.

God Bless and Tight lines.

Excellent job getting the kids on some fish. WTG
    DR