Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Murrieta protest of Illegal aliens.

This was posted on another site, and I regret I do not recall who wrote it or where, but I saved it because it is so well-written and thought out:

LISTED BELOW are several of the arguments that have been used by misguided people to try and justify illegal immigration. Next to each is the reason why that argument has no merit.

1) They are an economic necessity - Not true. The idea that a bunch of desperately poor, uneducated, unskilled, non-English speaking foreigners are an economic necessity is ludicrous. In fact, when you compare cost vs. benefit, it is obvious that they are not only NOT a necessity, they are not even an asset. Rather, they are a liability and a huge one at that. This does not even address the health issues smuggled in by people who bypass the process. TB, HIV, hepatitis and many other diseases are on the increase due to illegal immigration.

2) They do work Americans won’t do - Not true. They do work Americans won’t do for $7 an hour (especially if Americans can collect welfare and unemployment instead). Of course, if you got rid of the illegals, the jobs wouldn’t pay $7 an hour. The people who wanted the work done would have to pay a wage that was attractive enough to get Americans to do the work. And it might even be enough to get Americans off the unemployment and welfare dole and back into the taxpaying workforce!

3) We benefit from all that “cheap” labor - This is nonsense. The only people who benefit from the cheap labor are the unscrupulous people who hire illegal immigrants. Taxpayers are left holding the bag. Ultimately, it is they who must pay to support all the Americans who have been put out of work by illegals and must also provide billions of dollars in services and benefits to the illegals themselves.

4) They are just trying to make better lives - Aren’t we all? The difference is that most of us understand that we DO NOT have a right to acquire by illegal means those things that we find difficult to acquire by legal means. And we certainly don’t have the right to do it in a foreign country.

5) It is impossible to round up and deport the illegals - We don’t have to. All we have to do is remove the incentives that brought them here in the first place. No jobs. No housing. No taxpayer financed services or benefits (including education). Once we remove the incentives that brought them here, they will leave on their own.

6) Immigration control is racist / xenophobic - This is just another play of the race card by people who have no other cards to play. Immigration control is the world-wide status quo. There is nothing racist about it. Furthermore, the USA welcomes LEGAL immigrants of all races and ethnicities from all over the world who have gone through the legal immigration process. This is not just a bad argument; it is an attempt to create racial hatred and division.

7) We are a nation of immigrants - This is the “BIG LIE”. The vast majority of Americans are native-born. I am not an immigrant. Nor were my parents. Nor were my grandparents. We are a nation that has, historically, allowed and even encouraged LEGAL immigration. And we continue to do so. The issue at hand is illegal immigration, which has nothing to do with LEGAL immigration.

8) They are people. We must treat them humanely - Yes & yes. But let’s not pretend like they are victims who were dragged here kicking and screaming against their will. Nothing could be further from the truth. They came of their own free will and for their own benefit and they broke the law to do it. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE REWARDED FOR BREAKING LAWS AND COMMITTING CRIMES. SENDING THEM HOME IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. There is nothing “draconian” or “mean-spirited” about it.

9) It is wrong to break up families- Yes. Unfortunately, families are often broken up by criminal activity. If you don’t believe it, just drop by any prison or jail on visiting day. We can’t keep families together if some family members choose to participate in criminal activity.

10) They work & contribute to our society - So do I. And if I break the law and commit crimes, I can expect to pay a penalty of some kind. Anything from a small fine to the death penalty. I do not receive a reward. WHY SHOULD WE TREAT FOREIGN CRIMINALS BETTER THAN OUR OWN CITIZENS?

This applies to all people no matter what country they illegally immigrated from!!!

[QUOTE=pcuser;733049]The bottom line is that American business wants the cheap labor for their work force. With their 'wink and a nod', illegals are tolerated. With that being said, as long as there are undocumented people willing to come here to feed their families, we'll never get this under control. We, as a country, welcome legal immigration as it builds a diverse and strong population. When people come here legally, they become Americans through assimilation within a generation or two. I think most Americans don't like illegal immigration.
    We only differ with what to do about a serious problem.
    Really? And what serious problem is that pcabuser?

For starters, we need to stop unfairly favoring 'white Europeans' for legal immigration. That was our official policy for a very long time. We need to overhaul our policies concerning these important issues...
    Again really? Last time I checked, "White Europeans" founded this country. They fought a revolutionary war, wrote the Declaration of Independence and wrote the greatest constitution in the worlds history. And you say we need to overhaul our policies concerning these important issues? I'd be interested in hearing YOUR suggestions. By the way, you do know that the 1965 immigration act did just that, don't you?

You post smells like bait...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 07-10-2014 at 08:52 AM.

You know what's strange about the Border patrol trying to catch illegals coming up from Mexico. As soon as an illegal makes it passed the San Clemente check point or the one on the 15 they are SAFE!!!!!!!!!! I've never really heard or seen the Border Patrol doing their duty North of that line.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I didnt know members of Mecha or La Raza were not American citizens.

Thanks for that clarification, Hawgzy.
    Darkshadow,
    I have a question for you. If they are American citizens why would they become so pissed off when other American citizens wear shirts with the American flag on it?
    http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...rican-flag.php

Or why would American citizens fly a Mexican flag over an upside down American flag?
    http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...m#.U76u6HlOUdU

Oh like these guys that were at Murrieta??????
    Yip they sure look like proud Americans to me, don't ya see the American flag on the shirts, oh snap I must be confused.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    You know what's strange about the Border patrol trying to catch illegals coming up from Mexico. As soon as an illegal makes it passed the San Clemente check point or the one on the 15 they are SAFE!!!!!!!!!! I've never really heard or seen the Border Patrol doing their duty North of that line.
    They're currently not even stopping them at the border etucker. They've been ordered to stand down and basically they are attending to those at the "refugee centers". The illegals get bused to processing centers, given a court date, then are released to never be seen again in-spite of said court date hence the Murrieta protests. We don't want them released into our small community. etucker, once they are released they cannot be stopped for questioning ever because then the ACLU and the left-wingers cry racial profiling...

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Oh like these guys that were at Murrieta??????
    Yip they sure look like proud Americans to me, don't ya see the American flag on the shirts, oh snap I must be confused.

Lol, they look more like sitting ducks to me...

**The American flag is upside down on the backside of their underwear Dev...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 07-10-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    They're currently not even stopping them at the border etucker. They've been ordered to stand down and basically they are attending to those at the "refugee centers". The illegals get bused to processing centers, given a court date, then are released to never be seen again in-spite of said court date hence the Murrieta protests. We don't want them released into our small community. etucker, once they are released they cannot be stopped for questioning ever because then the ACLU and the left-wingers cry racial profiling...
    The last two lines of your post, is the part that is hardest to swallow!!!!!! They are Law breakers and they can't be questioned!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    The last two lines of your post, is the part that is hardest to swallow!!!!!! They are Law breakers and they can't be questioned!!!!!!!!!
    That's correct because the only way to tell if their lawbreakers once they've melted into the populace is to stop them and ask for proof of citizenship. That's considered not PC and indeed is considered racial profiling. Their excuse is how do you tell by looking at someone. etucker, it's kind of the same theory for requiring voter ID.

The only way to stop the madness is to shut down the border and prevent them from setting foot onto American soil in the first place. They want to come to this country, then they have to get in line and do it the legal way...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 07-10-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Act of War on America – Mexico and Guatemala Sign Agreement to Fast-Track Invasion of U.S.

A Monday joint press conference was held by Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto and Guatemalan president Otto Perez Molina to announce their agreement to jointly cooperate in and facilitate the invasion of their northern neighbor, the United States.
    Labeled “The Southern Border Program to Improve Passage,” it is an officially-sanctioned, coordinated effort on the part of Mexico and the nations of Central America to invade the United States.
    The agreement provides a network of border checkpoints through which an internal Mexican travel document will be issued, which is valid for a period of 72 hours. That document, known as a Regional Visitor’s Card, will provide temporary legal status to those in Mexico illegally for the sole purpose of invading the United States.
    The announcement, officially granting the “privileges” to illegals from Guatemala and Belize, is expected to be applied to anyone who reaches the southern Mexican border with the intention of invading America.
    Additionally, this action even provides special protections as well as financial assistance to unaccompanied minors.
    This will only provide further incentive for the illegal occupation and serve to dispel any misguided belief on the part of foreign nationals in Central America that claims made by the United States that they will be deported back home are anything other than falsehoods intended to pacify the gullible American public.
    Far from respecting American sovereignty, this is a Mexican-sponsored hostile act of aggression upon the sovereignty of the United States. It is conducted in complicit cooperation with a usurper and traitor occupying the White House, who is himself a person of an unknown background, using a recycled social security number.
    Since John Boehner has announced that he won’t move forward with efforts to impeach Obama, it’s time to get rid him, and find a Speaker of the House who isn’t himself owned by foreign governments, financial interests, or The Communist Party in America.
    The people of the United States don’t have time to play nice as their country and their standard of living are destroyed and have no reason to. We are under attack by subversives within our own government, in both parties, as well as foreign nations. Our nation is bleeding sovereignty and we are being denied a tourniquet. It is past time for Americans to respond.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast