Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: July 4th "local tight lipped crew" report

Default July 4th "local tight lipped crew" report

Not posting much lately (and some people noticed). It has been a bit if a grind to find the striper hangouts with the new water levels. Each week the body count has been going down with the lake level. Braved the holiday boat traffic on July 4th to go out again and it was the toughest yet.

Started with some trolling for about 2 hours and picked up 2 small ones and farmed 1. Water temp was 80 and the water level was depressingly low. The toughest part was finding them. Saw one or two fish jump early but not as much surface activity as I was expecting.

Talking to a bass guy in line he said he was there Thursday night and saw some guys catching striper on topwater near the end of the day. It has been a late day bite for a while now with the mornings being fairly slow and the guys who fish later hitting them better late in the day.

Had plenty of bait so decided to anchor and try for some deeper fish but they were hard to find even for bait fishing. If I saw a few on the finder and got the anchors down the fish were no longer showing on the finder and rarely even swam by. Went hours in 4 different spots without even a bite for the first time ever. A lot of boats in the same general area were sitting and waiting for a long time with nothing happening.

In the lakes defense I did see a couple small ones and one nice size catfish pulled in by other boats around but not many. The fleet was set up at Necktie in midday so I assume they found something there but by 11:00 the lice were active and the wind was blowing especially in the ski arm making it too unattractive for me to set up in that area.

Went back to trolling for the last hour or so and picked up one more but again not seeing much on the ff to tell me where they were hiding and there were wide mudlines all over.

The day before I made the huge mistake of telling my wife it was no problem to bring home stripers for the family cookout. I think the fish gods smacked me for taking advanced orders.

Nice report Jim, so much for promising your wife fish for dinner, LOL. The conditions seem tough on multiple fronts, water level low, which makes it more difficult to get away from the lice, and finding the fish in new unfamiliar structure....Just got back home a couple of days ago, but I hope to see you out there in the upcoming weeks......Dave

Thank you for the excellent report Jim.

I just read a half price deal on Travel Zoo from Marina Del Rey Sportfishing. $49 for 2, $25 for 1 for 4.5 hours. Deal starts 7/20 ends in October. Please check their website to confirm.
    This includes poles and bait. I seldom go ocean fishing, but that seems like a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by loweboat View Post

I seldom go ocean fishing, but that seems like a good deal.
    Fishinone has been getting some great ocean fish. I haven't gone ocean fishing since puking my guts out for hours a few decades ago but as tough as things have gotten I may consider it!

.................L-T-L-C.....................................I was going to come out jim ,but decided I didn't want to fight the crowd.........................T/O...................

Get the patch and you won't get sea sick :)

Lets start a new group!

Castaic Pirates.

Take what you can and give nothin back!

How much information do we have about wide open bako bites?

LOL!

LOL!

you have to watch out ron you don't want youre pirate crew mixed up with the BAKO-BOY-BUTT-PIRATES ...........they like fishing only at night by the light of the pumphouse.................LOL..................... ..

WoW!,,,,,,,,Great to see that some just can,t stop thinking abought the bako boys,,,,,,actually that's quite a honor, thanks!

were here guys,,,see youall out there

trail blazer

Avast matties! Give up the latest bako (dozen dink - dd) slay swag or I'll have your guts for garters!
    Last edited by fishinone; 07-08-2014 at 10:24 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast