Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: We are Back to a 5 Catfish limit - No Catch and release

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Of course. Everything is always about you Etucker. Couldn't be that since Irvine hasn't actually come out and explained the reason that just about every one of these reasons being tossed out could be wrong or it could be a combination of many being correct.

Irvine knows it's business, there are a lot of skilled fishermen that work there and have worked there for a while that know a helluva lot more about the lake and it's fishery than you do. A lot of thought went into making this decision, they wanted to allow it but for some reason it just didn't work out. My guess is it was abuse of some kind and that many of these ideas have some validity.

It is a shame always when the majority get screwed because of abuse by the minority.

You are wrong by the way there are catfish larger than 50 in there.
    Your saying there are catfish larger then 50 lbs in Irvine lake, is like saying Bigfoot exist without any scientific proof to back it up. Let me give you my hypothesis based on the scientific method of proofing things. You can then give me your Bigfoot explanation that say's it's true, because "I believe it's true."

A Blue Catfish has a life span of about 25 years. Go back to the last time someone caught a 60 plus pounder in Irvine lake, it's been over a decade. The assumption I'm making is all the Monster Catfish died of old age about then. To get a monster Blue catfish it must be stocked as a medium size adult. (There is little evidence the Blues reproduce much in Irvine Lake) Irvine lake about 6-7 years ago realized nobody was catching anymore monster size Blue Catfish. So they wisely made several stockings of 10-20 lbs Blue catfish with an encouragement to release them. This started their recovery of Monster Blue Catfish in Irvine.

Now let's work backwards to prove my theory!!!!!!!! No one caught a 60+ lbs in over a decade. (You can check the record on that one) This year the largest Blue Catfish caught was 52lbs. Guess what the weight of the biggest Blue Catfish caught last year was, it was in the 40's. Go back the year before that, high 30's low 40's. Go back the year before that 30's. Go back the year before that 20's-30's?????? Do you see a pattern????? I Do!!!!!! It's those same fish growing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to prove my theory wrong someone needs to catch a 70+ lbs this year!!!!!! For if they did, it couldn't have come from those fish they stocked 6-7 years ago. Let's see if they do.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-06-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Your saying there are catfish larger then 50 lbs in Irvine lake, is like saying Bigfoot exist without any scientific proof to back it up. Let me give you my hypothesis based on the scientific method of proofing things. You can then give me your Bigfoot explanation that say's it's true, because "I believe it's true."

A Blue Catfish has a life span of about 25 years. Go back to the last time someone caught a 60 plus pounder in Irvine lake, it's been over a decade. The assumption I'm making is all the Monster Catfish died of old age. To get a monster Blue catfish it must be stocked as a medium size adult. (Their is little evidence the Blues reproduce much in Irvine Lake) Irvine lake about 6-7 years ago realized nobody was catching anymore monster size Blue Catfish.
    I believe but I also believe there's a 70+ striper in Silverwood. I'm a dreamer what can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post

A Blue Catfish has a life span of about 25 years. Go back to the last time someone caught a 60 plus pounder in Irvine lake, it's been over a decade. The assumption I'm making is all the Monster Catfish died of old age about then. To get a monster Blue catfish it must be stocked as a medium size adult. (There is little evidence the Blues reproduce much in Irvine Lake) Irvine lake about 6-7 years ago realized nobody was catching anymore monster size Blue Catfish. So they wisely made several stockings of 10-20 lbs Blue catfish with an encouragement to release them. This started their recovery of Monster Blue Catfish in Irvine.

Now let's work backwards to prove my theory!!!!!!!! No one caught a 60+ lbs in over a decade. (You can check the record on that one) This year the largest Blue Catfish caught was 52lbs. Guess what the weight of the biggest Blue Catfish caught last year was, it was in the 40's. Go back the year before that, high 30's low 40's. Go back the year before that 30's. Go back the year before that 20's-30's?????? Do you see a pattern????? I Do!!!!!! It's those same fish growing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to prove my theory wrong someone needs to catch a 70+ lbs this year!!!!!! For if they did, it couldn't have come from those fish they stocked 6-7 years ago. Let's see if they do.
    I hooked (didn't land it ) into a monster last Nov. or Dec. It was twice the size of a 40 pounder I got earlier that year. There are some REALLY big ones in there.
    Last edited by hookerz; 07-07-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hookerz View Post
    I hooked (didn't land it ) into a monster last Nov. or Dec. It was twice the size of a 40 pounder I got earlier that year. There are some REALLY big ones in there.
    Just like Bigfoot we NEED THE BODY!!!!!!!! Other wise it's just another sighting!!!! lol

To say that the 52lber landed just recently is the biggest in the lake and it just happened to be caught, personally I find hard to believe....hoping someone proves you wrong this Fall

TD

[QUOTE=troutdog;732724]To say that the 52lber landed just recently is the biggest in the lake and it just happened to be caught, personally I find hard to believe....hoping someone proves you wrong this Fall

Guy's, I've been following the catch rate on these Monster Catfish for over 40 years. In the 70's-90's they would catch catfish over 50 lbs almost every year. Then a decade ago they stopped catching them. What happened?????? I then made up my own hypothesis of what happened. Fishing tackle got better and I know the fishermen didn't get any lamer so that couldn't be it. Then I looked up how long a Blue Catfish lives for, about 25 years. I then concluded there must have been a gap of time when they weren't stocked. The old ones died off of old age and their wasn't any new ones to replace them. Till about 6-7 years ago they stocked some more 10-20 lbs. Hence no big ones over 50 lbs yet!!!!!! They haven't had time to grow up yet.

Now what Irvine lake is doing with those 10k stockings of Blues the last 2 years is terrific!!!! If they do that every year from now on, they will have an indefinite amount of monster Catfish. As the old ones die out from old age, there will be another year class of fish right behind them. This is why I'm so upset of no C&R on Blue catfish. In the long run, it will hurt to some degree their Monster catfish population!!! If someone catch's a 70+ pounder this year my theory is all wet!!!! I hope they do!!!!! In the mean time, I'm sticking with my theory!!!!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-07-2014 at 04:33 PM.

I think since no one but the Irvine Lake staff knows the facts everyone should just chill out and cut them some slack. who cares what you know about Blues etc..... if you don't want to fish the lake than don't lol
    Last edited by reelgurlzfish; 07-07-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reelgurlzfish View Post
    I think since no one but the Irvine Lake staff knows the facts everyone should just chill out and cut them some slack. who cares what you know about Blues etc..... if you don't want to fish the lake than don't lol
    That's does bring up an interesting point. Who owns the lake??????? It's a trick question. When the Dodgers were own by the Mocourts or all the trouble the owner of the Clippers got himself into. People didn't just say, "Hey you're the owner do what you want with your property and we just won't attend your games." They are the owner, but their also the steward of something special that belongs to the people in spirit!!!!! Irvine Lake could be considered in that same category.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-07-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Hey etucker aka frenchy, I think you just got "OWNED" by reelgurlzfish and it went right over your head. No surprise to me. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Hey etucker aka frenchy, I think you just got "OWNED" by reelgurlzfish and it went right over your head. No surprise to me. lmao
    lmao ..... i just want peace on earth and goodwill towards all.... there shouldnt be drama in fishing :)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast