Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: stripers and cats

Default stripers and cats

Stripers and cats where on a good bite a couple of weeks ago. Here are some of the fish I caught recently. Lake was bluestone today, hope it doesn't effect the bite too much.

The lake was treated with PAK 27 and not bluestoned (copper sulfate). No idea whether the treatment will affect the bite. Plant was on Monday and I'd be shocked if it wasn't the last of the season, should be slowing down for the big fish but who knows.

http://www.peroxygensolutions.com/pak-27

Yeah they typically don't stock anymore after July 4 until next season. And yeah its really hard to get the big ones with no stock, especially with water treatment going on

4. Default

How has the wind at dusk been? Still pretty choppy?

It has been very windy pretty much every day. I would expect it to relax a bit with the changing of seasons but with an El Nino potential year extra wind comes with it normally.

For stripers I usually only do good if it's windy though. They just stocked Monday it should still be good right now

Nice fish!

Good looking fish you have there.......what did you use for bait on the striper?

I use swimbaits usually anything bigger than 8 inches 2 or ks pretty good