Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fathers Day Mammoth Lakes trip

Default Fathers Day Mammoth Lakes trip

Had a blast up there with family and friends this weekend. Wind messed up some of the fishing for us on the first day we were up there but that didn't stop us. We headed to Little Virginia on Saturday and that was off the hook like ways there. Managed to get a nice 2 1/2 pounder there on a B-Line Christmas tree colored mini jig.

After there we fished at Mammue in our float tubes and that was phenomenal fishing as well. Wind was blowing but not to bad. Found where the fish were holding up and it was 1 after another. One of the first nice ones was caught on a Christmas tree colored Bline jig as well. Then a few more casts and caught a nice 4 pounder. Decided to switch color jigs so I put on a new color called bark. It's basically dark brown. The first cast I hook up to a nice 2 1/2 pounded and get it in. I make another cast and boom! Another 2 pounder. Looks like the new color works. Wish the wind didn't blow so we could of fished a bit more. Still managed a good stringer though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	44378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	44379  

Beautiful colors on the last one! Looks almost like a holdover?

And would never have though of a dark brown minijig working on trout, will have to try that one this year. Might be a good alternative for those fish that have seen too many smoke/sparkle, pearl white, etc... jigs.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    Beautiful colors on the last one! Looks almost like a holdover?

And would never have though of a dark brown minijig working on trout, will have to try that one this year. Might be a good alternative for those fish that have seen too many smoke/sparkle, pearl white, etc... jigs.
    Yeah it almost does. They stocked the day before from the Dessert Springs hatchery in Oregon. The fish to me look very similar to Alpers. They fight extremely hard.

Yeah I never have used brown either. Just a new color that was made so I put it on and it ended up being a killer color.