Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: What happened, no nba finals thread?

Default What happened, no nba finals thread?

Miami blown out 4 times, and no one says a thing? I haven't been on in a while but thought for sure someone would comment on this. Guess there wont be 3,4,5,6,7 or however many titles lebron wants in south beach. 2 and maybe one more down the road will have to do I guess lol.

"NBA Finals?!? I remember those." - Laker fan

Dont worry theyll be back on top of the hill soon enough. And old heat fans will be there to join em lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    Dont worry theyll be back on top of the hill soon enough
    Oh yes, with the brilliant owner that we have, and Kobe's 40 million for 2 years? I smell a championship next year!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Oh yes, with the brilliant owner that we have, and Kobe's 40 million for 2 years? I smell a championship next year!
    Aye not that soon lol

OK....being the Heat/Riles fan that I am, I will comment as I see it.

SAS:
    Heat were beaten by the better team! SAS played out of their minds! They were on a mission to make good on what happened last year. Solid team basketball with all 12 contributing every step of the way. Pop's coaching was 5 star! He called time outs when Miami would make small runs (which were few and faaaar between) to insure they did not get on a roll. He made substitutions to insure no one played in excess of 30 mins. When you have a bench that play well at both ends, you can do this. Although Leonard played very well, I would not yet classify him as a superstar. Great player, perhaps a superstar in the making, but not yet a superstar.

Miami:
    Two NBA titles with 4 consecutive visits to finals (2011-2014)....AWESOME! James played very well in this finals but had little to no help. Reminiscent of Cleveland days. Starters, besides James, sucked! Bench....what bench! This group of 12 have accomplished what Riles set out for them...win championships. They won 2 with this group. Mission accomplished.

Moving forward....Wade will remain and eventually retire from the Heat. However, in a much different manner than Kobe. Wade has already taken a cut in pay and will probably take another one in the next contract round. James will remain with the Heat because Riley will make needed changes and bring other stars to the team. Bench will be upgraded. There is no other current team president that has the experience and proven results with making trades happen. Riles is the master of making off season deals happen. I believe he will make another eye-opening deal this summer. A couple of Riles changes have already occurred this past year that have set things up for the future.....Mike Miller let go for cap reasons, short term deals with Lewis and Oden, and Battier is retiring. They do not need a total rebuild. They need moderate changes at key positions. The Heat will go on another Title winning mission begining next season. They will win more titles. When you have the BEST player on the planet, you are always in the running! With a few strong consistent starters and a solid bench, they can beat anyone.
    Last edited by EL JEFE; 06-17-2014 at 09:15 AM.