Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big bear lk. Trolling 6-14

Default Big bear lk. Trolling 6-14

This is my first posting of the season on big bear lk. as I got tired of no one else posting on whats up . THIS IS THE BEST FISHING IN LIKE 3 YEARS up there . Yesterday was wide open on either drifting or trolling nite crawlers at the surface to 3 colors down using a 3 or 4 blade setup . The last 3 trips up there the fish were inbetween the old grays landing and the west dam area , favoring the north shore . The fish are there as you will only get a fish on every other pass but alot of people will catch a fish and just keep on going in a straight line out of the area. IF YOU GET A FISH , MAKE A WIDE LOOP AND RUN THE SAME ROUTE INTO OR WITH THE WIND again. Memorial day crowd is gone and theres been 2 tournmants with alot of big fish planted . Yesterday I hooked up and battled a biiggg fish for 3-5 minutes before my knot broke , BASTARD , ha. Dont go to deep as the oxg. is not there to suporrt life . Getting a limit in like 2 1/2 hours of trolling , its been this way since early april .// db

Thank you for the post and info.
    I was there for the 50k derby and guy who won the biggest fish said he was trolling ford fender blades about 10-15 deep. I had good luck drifting night crawlers about that depth.
    I miss my boat :-(

Thanks for the BB report. Sad to see not a lot of people are fishing BB.

thanx diamondbear.good report.man I miss that deer jerky u gave teamtrolltoon last time.glad to see u still fishing.

thanx diamondbear.good report.man I miss that deer jerky u gave teamtrolltoon last time.glad to see u still fishing.

RJ , Theres a lot of people fishing BBL RIGHT NOW . Theres just not a lot of people posting. Iam going back sat. for the last time this year or until nov. . TROLLY, those were the fun fishing days fror sure ..// db

NICE TO SEE A REPORT STEVE................I BET YOURE STILL SLAYIN THEM DEER..............................t/o..............

Hey TO , Fishing this morn. sat 6-21 was only 1 hour for a limit of 5 holdover trout . But deer scouting and hunting has always been my first passion as Iam going scouting EARLY tomarrow . The last 2 weekends of trout fishing was better then any weekend yet but its time to start climbing those hills and looking for deer . It hasnt been this good fishing in awhile during june in a long time up here ., better now than april or may . I see the local guide pontoon boat and other locals trolling by me but AND NOT HOOKING UP AS THEY SHOULD . A local guy thats always doing good over the years came up along side of me this morn,. and ask me what I was using , this guy will catch when no one else could . LEADED LINE AT 3 COLORS , 4 BLADE FLASHERS 2.50 FT. LEADER WITH HALF NITE CRAWLER IN FRONT OF THE FLOATING BATHROOM AT WEST END .[ MIDDLE OF LK. TODAY ] All fish caught before 7:00 am today , its where the deeper cooler water is ,its that simple .// db

Dam Db been awhile glad your still slaying. Come out to DV land I'll meet up the water is low like 2008, hope to c you out on your rig this year.

Took some advice from this thread and tried a little shore fishing near Old Grays Landing. My buddy and I took his kids out and gave it a try. Got to the spot hooked up fairly quickly using crawler on a slip bobber at about 12'. A little dink trout no pic. Second one came about an hour later, crawler on a bobber 3'. Nice trout probably a pound or so. Finally the boy got one, again on a crawler on a bobber same depth but a small catfish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast