Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2014

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    Gggggggoooooooaaaaaaallllllllll
    Sucks about Altidore, tho.

I'm sure there's a guy named Landon who's standing next to his phone right now.

I tried to watch but no dice.... it sucks, and was forced to turn it when the guy Jones accidentally kicked in the head flopped and then the two were forced to kiss and make up by the ref/ump/official/judge.... whatever they are called

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    I tried to watch but no dice.... it sucks, and was forced to turn it when the guy Jones accidentally kicked in the head flopped and then the two were forced to kiss and make up by the ref/ump/official/judge.... whatever they are called
    lol...I love how they grab their face or ankle & roll around on the ground as if they've been shot with a silver bullet...then miraculously recover with a full sprint back ..lol

But I do like the World Cup!
    Last edited by MarkyMark; 06-16-2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: add

lol...I love how they grab their face or ankle & roll around on the ground as if they've been shot with a silver bullet...then miraculously recover with a full sprint back ..lol
    For a moment there, I thought you were talking about football players faking injuries to stop Chip Kelly's hurry up offense. :-D

Belgium should defeat Algeria here. Mexico hopefully doesn't lose by more than 2 goals. And I think Russia takes care of South Korea in the last match.

WOW what a game from the USA!!!! it really sucks we have the injures but man what a nail biter... I was freaking out when that header came from the corner in the 87 min

USA is sitting good now we need to get a point from Portugal

and here comes round 2

USA cannot win this... your all watching and rooting for naught.

I refer you to the head coach

Good one....lol

But I do like the World Cup!
    We've been following the Cup. CG and her sister have been mystified by the theatrics on the pitch. The exact opposite of the "rub some dirt on it" ethos of softball/baseball.

Soccer is big in America... just not with the Presbyterians and Methodists...

... but in our defense - across the Pond we Yanks are considered arrogant @holes because we don't follow football - however, now that it is grabbing a bit of our attention, we are a bunch of @-holes we are because we aren't watching it properly. One just can't win, can one?

Yeah, sometimes being a realist does hurt butts.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    We've been following the Cup. CG and her sister have been mystified by the theatrics on the pitch. The exact opposite of the "rub some dirt on it" ethos of softball/baseball.

Soccer is big in America... just not with the Presbyterians and Methodists...

... but in our defense - across the Pond we Yanks are considered arrogant @holes because we don't follow football - however, now that it is grabbing a bit of our attention, we are a bunch of @-holes we are because we aren't watching it properly. One just can't win, can one?
    ****, our defense is atrocious and we have wide gaps in our mid line and our back line.

And obviously this is MY experience and am not alluding that this is the entire experience across the US, but...

If you're a bartender and your schtick is to be a hardcore NFL fan who hates futbol, then perhaps you may not want to be staffed during World Cup matches. Don't ridicule soccer for 2 hours, and then get mad because nobody leaves you any tips.

Sometimes life occurs outside the 5 blocks that you're used to.

10. Default

Go Argentina! wooooo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast