Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Berkley Mousetail favored color pattern for trout?

Default How you fish Berkley Mousetais ?

How do you rig and fish mousetails? What is your favored color pattern? Thanks...
    Last edited by GaryO; 02-05-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Pink and white clearly is the one I've heard the most recommendations about ... a positive reports ... and I've had very good luck ... also recommended by 2 tackle shops in Bishop. I've also heard some on orange & white ... or white and orange ... not sure which of the 2 is 2nd best. I'd guess the one with the orange worm ... as this has been the most popular worm that I've heard of.

GOOD LUCK

My go to is orange with chartreuse head, then all white

I hope I have those in my tackle box ... I've spent WAY too much !!!

I just wonder how many bros I have on this board ... that would say "Amen"

Thanks for sharing the tip ... with me too

Walmart price is $4.56; good color selection, decent stock levels. Pink/white seems to be the favorite pattern...

i use white/pink and or pink/white

the white ball and pink tail ,ive used them from beginning and have fished many different waters..........this is some of the results,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

these are just a few of the catches from this year alone ,white ball with the white tail is a distant second,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

Went up to Twin Lakes above Mammoth last Friday and Saturday was able to limit out using the pink/white bubble gum mouse tail for the first time. They wouldn't bite anything else, even my favorite go to bait, inflated nightcrawlers! I added a meal worm per a suggestion I read on the web and I got hits on almost every cast.

White with orange tail and white with pink tail have been the hot ticket at Intake II and North Lake for me.

How do you guys rig your micetails? #8 mosquito hook with a splitshot? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast