Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Another good weekend of kayak fishing

Default Another good weekend of kayak fishing

I was able to fish both Friday and Saturday morning, both mornings were good. It stayed overcast and a bit foggy for the first couple of hours both mornings. Friday was a better day for me, unfortunately I forgot to charge up my video camera so I didn't get any video, but I did get some on Saturday. There was lots of surface activity on the water, mostly carp jumping, but I did see some completely launch their bodies out of the water, cool sight to see. Most my fish were caught dropshotting worms and I got a few bite on a spinnerbait in the morning. The grass is growing and the water level has dropped again exposing the little islands. Here is a short video of my first catch Saturday morning and pictures form both days.

>

>
    >
    >
    >
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140607_114006_zps3ef64644.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	44308  

nice!!! Any fish on the frog?

Quote Originally Posted by one time View Post
    nice!!! Any fish on the frog?
    No frog fish, actually no top water fish at all. I have a hard time trying to walk the lure sitting in the kayak. A frog is easier to work but I honestly have not used one, Ill tie one on next week and give it a shot, a couple of coves had a thick layer of dead grass with bass swimming underneath. Im saving up to upgrade my kayak to a Jackson Kilroy kayak. They are designed for standing, then its topwater time!