Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Memorial day weekend 2014 Brdgeport/twinlakes

Default Memorial day weekend 2014 Brdgeport/twinlakes

I've been coming up here for over 18 years and this year was the best by far!
    Not only did my son (6yrs) get his biggest fish to date 4.7 lbs. my little girl (2yrs) got her 1st fish ever! Didn't get pictures of that though both the wife and I where too busy enjoying the moment.
    I like to get a spot in the Paha/Robinson creek area but they are taken so far in advance we end up in Mono village. Which isn't bad when you want hot showers and flusing toliets nearby.
    But you have bears EVERY night. This year even during the daylight....

There are bear up and down the camp gound every night and day.
    The lighter color one, don't know if it was a brown, ate these fish we got at the Reservoir.
    Iknow you put away the coolers @ night but I had filleted the fish and put them in a small cooler and forgot about them in the back of the pickup.
    Sorry no pictures of that either, hands where full one on the HK USP .40 and the other on the flashlight

You see the "Marina" in the background......
    The fish were all caught on flylined crawlers at rainbow point. REAL close to the shore.

We went to both Virgina's and got noting exotic just 8-10" skinny bow's so no pictures
    Then we go to my favorite spot in the twins and the Real fishing began.....

Now the two big fish we're caught at the same time. One rod went off and I let my boy set the hook and the fight was on, as I'm being a proud daddy something catches my eye. It's my Phenix FX 862-2 in full bendo. So we're both on and I'm not really thinking about my fish, I know it's a nice fish but I'm more concerned bout my son's. Cause it's making some drag peeling runs, jumped out twice and he's hanging on to the TSR 901-2 for dear life.

The fishing was great, gave away all the smaller models to a local that day
    The fish at twin where all hooked on rainbow PB. Size 8 mustad treble hook, 4 lbs izor platinum mono.
    The last day(Mon) packed everything and fished the spot again and got a 3 1/2lbs and gave that away to a group of guys that said they've been fishing for over a week and had not caught anything.

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by FISH_HUNTER; 06-05-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Nice fish and report! Good to know to bring protection or at least some spray when camping that area.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBarber View Post
    Nice fish and report! Good to know to bring protection or at least some spray when camping that area.
    Barber, like the old American express saying goes
    "Never leave home without it".

The fur units at Mono Village have become kind of a fixture at the place. They don't allow you to make ANY food errors--leave any food unsecured, and either the bears--the raccoons--or the rats/squirrels will be on it.

Strong work on the feesh, all around!