Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Eastern Sierra Trip 6/1-6/4

Default Eastern Sierra Trip 6/1-6/4

Started off at a little honey hole called George's Creek on the way up and my 2nd fish of the day was a nice 4 1/2 pound Brood Stocked bow caught on a Brown B.Line Mini jig. Caught about 25 in this pond in about 35 minutes. Good way to start out the day. We then headed to Bishop and fished intake 2 for a bunch of 1 to 1 1/2 pound rainbows.

Next day we fished June lake from a boat and it started off very slow. It was also very windy so it made it harder to fish. Well we kept moving spots till we found them. I farmed about 7 fish until I finally caught one. Fishing ended up being pretty good. Caught about 8 each and some were small steelheads. Not bad for fishing in the spot for only 2 hours. We could of probably caught more but the wind was blowing so hard the anchors wouldn't hold. We also then headed up to Mammie and caught a ton of small stocked rainbows. Who knows how many.

6/3 Went back to Mammie to see if we could get the Big ones to hit but no luck. So we drove up to Little Virginia with my surprise still had some snow around it. Lake was loaded with fish. Nothing big however I did here a guy say a 9 pounder was caught. Probably caught around 35 fish all CNR.

6/4 Now this is the day when quality came in. Went to Gull lake and I waded out in the water and caught. A few small ones really quick and a few perch. Then I dipped my B.Line Jig in Bite on and boom hooked up to a nice 5 1/2 pound rainbow. Got him in and got a few pics and have him to an old man there. Forgot to spin the wheel for prizes. Well my friend was catching some nice cutthroats and rainbows where he was so I went back to him and caught 4 really nice 3 to 4 1/2 pound cuttys. All were released. We then decided to rant a boat and fish in the back. Well that paid off quick. My friend hooks up to a nice 6 pounder and we didn't have a net so I grab him and toss him on the boat. We also then caught a few nice 2-3 pound rainbows and let them go as well.

Had a blast up here and caught well over 150 fish. Can't wait to be back up here next weekend and tube the lakes. Pictures will be up.

B. Line Mini Jig? ... that's a new one to old me ...:>)

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    B. Line Mini Jig? ... that's a new one to old me ...:>)
    Called B.Line Jig Co