Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toad Yellowtail and Seabass 6/1/2014

Default Toad Yellowtail and Seabass 6/1/2014

Headed back out to Catalina again, this time with new crew members BlakeB and Mike. We made a stop locally to catch some squid and managed to get a nice scoop despite windy, sloppy conditions. We made it to the island around 1am and got a few hours sleep before the grey light bite. Well the morning was a little slow with only a few bat rays and small halibut. We made a few moves and by late morning I finally found what I was looking for. I'll let the pics and video tell the rest of the story...

It was Blake's first, second, and PB yellowtail. It measured 48inches and weighed 39.5 pounds after we got it home. Nice going guys, you did a great job!

Love the report,

I do have to say its a day never to be forgotten. The 40lb beast i think will be a PB for me for a long time maybe even forever.

The fishing was slow in the morning but once we found them it was on!!

Thanks brotha for the invite out it is very much appreciated. Mike and I had a blast and cant wait to go out again here soon.

BlakeB

AWSOME !

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Beach View Post
    AWSOME !
    Trip of a lifetime :)

Very nice,I thought I was watching "Wicked Tuna" with all that boat maneuvering on that WSB,great job and awesome results,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Very nice,I thought I was watching "Wicked Tuna" with all that boat maneuvering on that WSB,great job and awesome results,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic
    Thanks Vic.

Haha, Wicked Tuna, I was thinking the same thing while driving the boat. That yt was a beast and kept trying to cut him off under the boat. I wasn't going to let that happen though!

Awesome report! Great trip guys! Thats a Huge freakin yellowtail you made quick work out of congrats.

Looks wayyyyyy to fun!

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post

Cya Tuna Vic
    Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Thanks Vic.

Haha, Wicked Tuna, I was thinking the same thing while driving the boat. That yt was a beast and kept trying to cut him off under the boat. I wasn't going to let that happen though!
    Quote Originally Posted by skildfisher View Post
    Awesome report! Great trip guys! Thats a Huge freakin yellowtail you made quick work out of congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY View Post
    Looks wayyyyyy to fun!

This trip was a blast thanks again brotha!!!
    I will never forget this trip time to get this baby mounted for my wall :)

Lol definitly wicked tuna ride out there and on the way back we were mobbing hard.

The fishing was great, fishing with Jeff and my bro couldn't of asked for a better 2 guys to go out there with!

Thumbs up

Sweet slay gentlemen...

I'm next Jeff!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast