Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: My biggest bass to date! Video

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My biggest bass to date! Video

I launched from ramp two and paddled across to the coves. It was a cool morning with lots of overcast, there was a slight breeze. I figured the bass would be sitting off the shallows and positioned on points feeding. Well for once I was right, I was cruising slowly over points looking for shallow to deep drop offs. I marked some fish on my second point and used the breeze to blow me back over the spot. I busted out the trusty drop shot set up, and on my third cast I hook up with a TANK! It starts peeling line, I'm using 6 pound test so I'm doing everything I can to keep it under control. Once I get it close I can see I have it skin hooked on the top lip and the few seconds it took to land had my heart racing. I had one of my best days ever, I have lots of more video of my other catches, but I still have to edit down. I don't have a scale with me, my last one sank and I haven't replaced it yet, I'm kicking my self in the butt for not getting one. Enjoy the video.

Nice man. The red tail is all healed up from the spawn and she has put the beef back on.
    I like the chunky thickness right above the tail, recovered and very healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Nice man. The red tail is all healed up from the spawn and she has put the beef back on.
    I like the chunky thickness right above the tail, recovered and very healthy.
    Thanks, she was plenty strong for sure. I took her back out of the water for some quick pictures then released her. I contemplated hooking it to a stringer and trying to paddle to another boater or marina to weigh it. I didn't want to do that and stress that beautiful fish. So her weight will have to be a guess.

Bad *** fish on 6# test!

Bravo dude....

Nice,nice bass,I wouldn't venture a guess at the weight,but it definitely was something to be proud of,WTG!

Cya Tuna Vic

Very nice bass Jaime. It sure looks like am 8+ to me. In the future you can get a pretty accurate weight by measuring the girth and length. The calculation used is girth X girth x length / 800 = fish weight. In other words, if the girth is 15" and the length is 21" the fish would weigh approximately 5.9#. If you don't have a tape, use a piece of fishing line and measure the two lines when you get home.
    Once again, great catch.