Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Havasu ??? Not report

Default Havasu ??? Not report

Sorry, but I'm heading for Havasu for long weekend. Does anyone know if it is or isn't legal to fish AZ side from shore with just a California license? Thanks in advance

Not sure if it has changed, since we do not need a CO River stamp anymore, but I believe the regulation is you can not fish from shore on the AZ side, but if you are in something floating on the water you should be fine. I think if you are fishing from a dock it is a grey area, floating but attached to shore. So if you plan on shore bangin it I think you will have to get an AZ license.

Some of the areas you may need a CRIT license I believe if fishing from shore.

Thanks, I've got a feeling you're right

If you have a California fishing license you "ARE" able to fish from shore in Arizona if you're fishing the Colorado River.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/fish...shdescrip.html

Look @ Colorado River Validation...
    Last edited by jaggerbub; 05-22-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerbub View Post
    If you have a California fishing license you "ARE" able to fish from shore in Arizona if you're fishing the Colorado River.
    That's great news! I just read it. I don't remember it reading like that last year when the stamp was required. CA dfg must have gotten it ironed out with AZ.

I believe the law changed this year. No more River Stamp, you can fish anywhere on the river with either an AZ or CA license now.

Better yet! I'm gonna hit Cattail in the AM. Thanks again

not trying to thread jack but while we are on the subject...do you need anything special to launch your boat on havasu if its got california registration? any special fees paid or stickers you need to have? might be going there later in the month and i've never been...

Zip... PASTIES & BEADS!!! You must have these 2 items on board b4 you launch.
    O' I miss Havasu... Good times

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast