Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Mohave

Default Lake Mohave

My friends own a house boat in Cottonwood Cove so my family and i went up there for a few days to try out my dads brand new Nitro Z-8 he just purchased. Figured it be way more fun than having its maiden voyage be on castaic where the speed limit is only 35 mph Unfortunately, the wind was relentless and would not give up the entire 3 days we were up there. We spent most of our time waiting on the houseboat for small windows of opportunity to get out.

It was a real shame because the bite on the SMB was wide open! when we were able to outsmart the wind, the smallies were attacking everything we threw at them. there's some real BIG smallmouth in that lake, i spotted several that were in the 4-5# class and one that looked closer to 6# followed me up to the boat.

The other species didn't seem to want to play at all, which was a first for me there. While on the houseboat i always had a couple baits in the water to try and get some catfish or striper, only found one small cat to commit all three days/nights. I also spotted a large school of good size stripers cruising off one of the points we were fishing, but none of them would even look in our direction

Here's a couple pics, sorry there isn't more...

My girlfriend's very first SMB

A pic with my dad's new Nitro in the background, shadowed by my champion, lol

Where we stayed

Looks sweet. Houseboats are a damn fun time.

Zip, Thanks for the report love it there but the wind is the only thing that sucks there. Is the hotel there still open at cottonwood? Have not been there in quite awhile Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    Zip, Thanks for the report love it there but the wind is the only thing that sucks there. Is the hotel there still open at cottonwood? Have not been there in quite awhile Thanks for the report.
    Im not sure if the hotel is still open, didnt spend too much time in the marina except for feeding the carp, lol. This was my first time back in I dont know how many years...

yep still got the hotel,, stayed there a couple years ago,,, nice place,,, restrant sucked,,, bring your food

river, thanks if I can get my stupid boat trailer fixed right I need to make a run down there for some striper fishing. Nice to have the hotel room with air at the end of the day.

Nice houseboat, you must have some wealthy friends