Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 18MAY14 Cool and Overcast brought out some stripers

Default 18MAY14 Cool and Overcast brought out some stripers

Got a chance to do a troll trip with my bro before he moves to Mass. and my good buddy. Started out later in the morning with cool temps and overcast skies burned off around 10ish. Water temps are 68-72 -

Shoved off the ramp around 8 and hit some areas along the north side. We got into some action a hour later in around 60' working points, ledges on the DR some bait balls metered. I drew 1st blood with a nice chunker.

We moved down a bit and Double D got into a better grade of fish on his light tackle

Got some other units here in there but they are definitely out there on the chew in this stained algaeed-up water

My bro had to leave after lunch so we called it in early to say our goodbyes, I'm going to miss him we fished together are whole lives.

End of the day on the water to enjoy a nice stroll on the ramp.

Thanks for sharing. A real Bummer your brother is moving. It won't be able to find a replacement for that fishing buddy!

Thanks for your report! way to go on the stripers!
    I know the feeling. I loved the ramp shot btw!
    My fishing buddy brother moved out to Colorado last year. We used to slay them at the Fin n Feather. Haven't been back to the FnF since.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    Thanks for sharing. A real Bummer your brother is moving. It won't be able to find a replacement for that fishing buddy!
    Your welcome BassinPLS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indo-angler View Post
    Thanks for your report! way to go on the stripers!
    I know the feeling. I loved the ramp shot btw!
    My fishing buddy brother moved out to Colorado last year. We used to slay them at the Fin n Feather. Haven't been back to the FnF since.
    Thanks Indo, I'll be out there again this saturday with my uncle this time to re-attack the jailbirds. Hard to see family leave and there far away.

Thanks for DVL striper report and congrats on the catching.

You'll have to go to Massachusetts and do some striper fishing with your brother.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Thanks for DVL striper report and congrats on the catching.

You'll have to go to Massachusetts and do some striper fishing with your brother.
    Thx Ron, Yea I plan on taking a trip out there. He's scoping out all the tackle shops and collecting
    411, I want to get in on some surf fishing for those beasts. Cya.

nice stripers vince ,what depth were the lures running when hit?,,,,,,,,,,,,was there any good bait balls,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    nice stripers vince ,what depth were the lures running when hit?,,,,,,,,,,,,was there any good bait balls,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,
    Thx bob, were stacking - one at 40' and one at 25' was the ticket for that day. The very 1st one was deeper like almost 60'. I saw more bait in the marina cove south area than the north shorelines. Saddle dam was dead for that day for us. Didn't make it all away around.