Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crowley 5/17

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    nice trout ,you ever run any big woolybuggers ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I know a while back you had told me they liked them slow trolled! But I havent. What size would you recommend and any tips for slow trolling them. That would be new for me! Im guessing olive and black would do good!!

Roads to mary, mamie and george are open. But you will have to walk to horse shoe. Mamie seams to have a good bite on crawlers in the middle of the day from the parking lot, and past the boat rentals. Some on power bait also. We just threw lures for no bites. Heard Crowley was slow today, but we are gonna try it for perch in the morning.

Big black woolybugger with a red head and a hare's ear or prince nymph trailer = Crowley success! That or a matuka with a red head. Still a little early though, perch fry need to grow.

You probably know that though TO and are probably talking about actually trolling them I'm talking about stripping.

Hell I'd bet the magical DVL white fly would kill um in a perch type coloration, hmmmmm.........

Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    I know a while back you had told me they liked them slow trolled! But I havent. What size would you recommend and any tips for slow trolling them. That would be new for me! Im guessing olive and black would do good!!
    Olive or black with a red head, matuka or bugger. The matuka especially seems to mimic the perch fry out there, black wooly bugger hell that just works everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Olive or black with a red head, matuka or bugger. The matuka especially seems to mimic the perch fry out there, black wooly bugger hell that just works everywhere!
    Awesome ill give them a try seal! I have a fly rod but im a noob lol maybe ill give it a try next time out!

some of these matt ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

you will catch very nice browns everywhere up there with this kind of stuff , I get my turn next week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    some of these matt ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

you will catch very nice browns everywhere up there with this kind of stuff , I get my turn next week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Awesome, thanks bob ill give em a try. I might be heading up this weekend, possibly next because my kings are playing for lord stanley. I dont know tugging on brownies is my addiction haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12