Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowley 5/17

Default Crowley 5/17

Decided to head up the 395 yesterday for a quick turn around trip to Crowley to beat this so cal heat! Went up with a buddy from work and my brother in law. The fishing was pretty good this trip, not as the hot as the opener but it was still pretty easy to find them. The water temps were 59-61 throughout the day, big difference from the opener as its up 9 degrees. The plan was to troll topline, leadcore, and downrigger. The leadcore was by far the best at 4 to 5 colors. We ran spoons like tb's and needlefish, also trolled smaller rapalas and some bigger floaters for minimal success.top patterns were gold, tui chub, and perch patterns. There was a 8lb brown takin on a inflated crawler early in the morning that did not get released. We got a few solid rainbows that looked like footballs. But i dont have all the pictures on my phone. All fish caught today swam away safely, and no bloody fish for you trout a haulics this trip. If anyone on the forum wants to do some trips send me a pm. Tight lines.

me and my son are going up friday for some perch action. and some trolling also.

Good job and nice pics Matt. Lovin how glassy the water looks! Looks like you were able to avoid the hideous wind that seems to follow me every time we go to Crowley!

Yeah it was nice not having to worry about the wind!! When you found the fish they would not stop biting. I got a nice sunburn once the sun came out. High was about 75 it was nice. The bugs were out though, be prepared.

Cool report dude

Is that Dustin? Tell him rob from stay gold says hello. Glad you guys had a nice trip.

Heading up today for an extended weekend of eastern Sierras fishing. Plan to fish Crowley, June Lakes and Lundy. Looks like there will be some weather to deal with the next 2 days. Wonder if the road to the Mammoth lakes basin is opened...

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Heading up today for an extended weekend of eastern Sierras fishing. Plan to fish Crowley, June Lakes and Lundy. Looks like there will be some weather to deal with the next 2 days. Wonder if the road to the Mammoth lakes basin is opened...
    road is open. gonna be great up there starting friday. i will be there fri-mon.

Nice Report!
    More importantly....GO KINGS GO!
    Last edited by fishrdi; 05-23-2014 at 04:41 PM.

nice trout ,you ever run any big woolybuggers ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast