Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: New to FNN

Default New to FNN

Just wanted to express my gratitude for your tips and posts on this site, and introduce myself. I have been addicted to fishing since I was old enough to walk. Any kind of fishing any where. I moved to Humboldt county were I learned to fly fish and then Alaska for some time. Got a little spoiled and became some what un interested in fishing so cal, until I found this site. I am so fired up now to get back into the water after years of having the rods put up. Went out and bought 4 or 5 LC's and have been getting my gear together all week. Planning on dusting off the waiters and getting out to grey light Sunday morning. I'm so pumped up to do some surf fishing.

Thanks again guys, for helping to re light that fire, can't wait to post a report when I get back. Is anyone opened to PM me and give me a yay or nay if where I'm going might prove to give up a Halibut or two? It would be much appreciated! Thanks again guys!!

Welcome to FNN HeadShakes!

Good Luck on Sunday!

Smile

Welcome... looking forward to your surf fishing reports.

I got impatient and decided to go yesterday evening instead. What a mistake! I'm never fishing SB again. That place is a s@#t hole. Every cast I was cleaning trash or salad off my LC. Then the lifeguard told me I needed to be at least 30 yards from swimmers. I was more like 60 or 70 yards away already, but was happy to move away from the structure and find an area without needles and condems in the water. Started working a new section with nothing in return. Then I saw a bird dive and got excited thinking some bait fish had moved in. The bird grabbed a fish and started flying away, only it wasn't a fish, it was my LC.......ugh. I was able to yank it from his mouth without hooking him from about 40' in the air. Started to work the area again until the life guard came and informed me I was in the kite surfing area and had to leave. By now sun was down and I just wanted to cry. So I called it.

Next time, I'll have more patients and spend an a little extra drive time going to a better spot. There is always next weekend.

Welcome,keep the reports coming!

Cya Tuna Vic

Welcome to the site! Keep at it and you will find your own little honey hole!