Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fri morning kayak fishing fun! (video)

Default Fri morning kayak fishing fun! (video)

Got to the lake and in the water by 635 am, just a slight breeze made paddling and fishing easy. I fished the # 2 dock/marina for a bit and then paddled out to the shallow islands that are now underwater again! I was throwing out a senko, I was working it back slow from shallow to deep, I had just popped up my senko and was going to bring in my line when it got smacked, I think the fish was still swimming up cause I set the hook but there was still slack line so I didn't get a full hook set. Before I can reel down the fish jumps, its a huge bass!, and it spits out my worm and hook. I cant believe it! As quickly as I can I set my worm back on the hook and cast out again to the same spot, I work it down again.... nothing. My heart sank, I tried two more ties , still nothing, I was just about to move on when I had to try one more cast. Before it hits the bottom I see my line jump, I reel down hard and set the hook HARD. Fight is on and I turned on my camera, great way to start the day, I caught 6 more fish, all on soft plastics, 3 where 1-2 pounds the other three were dinks.

Very nice...Did you try throwing any spinner baits? I was told a guy caught 40 LBL on them earlier in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    Very nice...Did you try throwing any spinner baits? I was told a guy caught 40 LBL on them earlier in the week.
    Actually I was paddling by a Guy on a boat who said he had success in the morning throwing spinner baits. I'm going to tie one on next time I go for sure

Thanks for the report, cool vid.