Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: sierra opener

Default sierra opener

very sparse at best for fishing, I think the weather affected the fishing, with a decrease in water temps

oh, heck no. not fishing with snow

Quote Originally Posted by hrnytoad102 View Post
    very sparse at best for fishing, I think the weather affected the fishing, with a decrease in water temps
    I don't know where you were fishing at or what you were using but it was wide open at the lakes I fished. Could of caught a lot more if the wind didn't get so bad.

It looks like you went up high, lots of snow! Either way looks like fun!

<><
    KP

Man, it was wide open at North Lake on opening day. I was standing in 6 inches of snow. My feet were numb as were my fingers. Must have been 15 degrees. It was 19 degrees in Aspendell. Anyway, we fished North Lake all day. I C&R'd probably 80 rainbows. A few were 16 inches or better. My buddies did just as well, if not better. It was great on pink Power Worms and grasshopper tube jigs. On Sunday we fished Intake. It was blowing all day. I C&R'd another 50-60 rainbows up to 16 inches on pink Power Worms, pink/white Mousetails, orange/white Mousetails, grasshopper Fat Worms and grasshopper tube jigs. A very good weekend :>)