Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bow fishing Lake Perris

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Where do the carp usually hang around? I love catching those things.
    Where ever the panfish nests are you'll find
    Them slurping them down....

Just take them out one at a time '

Cm

Isn't this more about weapons and hunting not being allowed in State Parks (for the most part)? Bow is a weapon even with a string attached.

If that's not the case then if Perris says too few carp I'd say they'd have a real hard time making the same argument for carp at Silverwood!

Calling Skyler, come in Skyler.

From the California fishing regulations

2.25. BOW AND ARROW FISHING.
    Bow and arrow fishing is permitted only for the taking of carp, goldfish, western sucker, Sacramento blackfish, hardhead, Sacramento pikeminnow and lamprey, all year, except in:
    (a) Designated salmon spawning areas (See Fish and Game Code Section 1505).
    (b) The Colorado River District where only carp, tilapia, goldfish and mullet may be taken.
    (c) See bullfrogs (section 5.05).
    (d) The East Fork of the Walker River between Bridgeport Dam and the Nevada State line where only carp may be taken.

From the California State Parks regulations
    LOADED FIREARMS AND HUNTING are not allowed in units of the State Parks System. Possession of loaded firearms or air rifles is prohibited. Exceptions are for hunting in recreation areas that have been designated by the State Park and Recreation Commission.

It would seem that Bow fishing is not called HUNTING under the Fish & Game regulations and that the State Parks regulations prohibit LOADED FIREARMS and HUNTING. I think a case could be made to allow Bow Fishing in State Parks.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    From the California fishing regulations

2.25. BOW AND ARROW FISHING.
    Bow and arrow fishing is permitted only for the taking of carp, goldfish, western sucker, Sacramento blackfish, hardhead, Sacramento pikeminnow and lamprey, all year, except in:
    (a) Designated salmon spawning areas (See Fish and Game Code Section 1505).
    (b) The Colorado River District where only carp, tilapia, goldfish and mullet may be taken.
    (c) See bullfrogs (section 5.05).
    (d) The East Fork of the Walker River between Bridgeport Dam and the Nevada State line where only carp may be taken.

From the California State Parks regulations
    LOADED FIREARMS AND HUNTING are not allowed in units of the State Parks System. Possession of loaded firearms or air rifles is prohibited. Exceptions are for hunting in recreation areas that have been designated by the State Park and Recreation Commission.

It would seem that Bow fishing is not called HUNTING under the Fish & Game regulations and that the State Parks regulations prohibit LOADED FIREARMS and HUNTING. I think a case could be made to allow Bow Fishing in State Parks.
    I read that also. You are elected to test this logic by bringing a compound bow into Silverwood Lake recreation area and start slinging arrows at "targets". I have a few "targets" I'd like you to test this theory on.

The last bow I owned was over 40+ years ago, remember the recurve bow. I was on the Archery Team at SBVC a long time ago (1962-1963). I would like to take up archery again but with an arthritic shoulder I am not sure how that would work, but I did enjoy bow hunting back in the day. Anyone remember when you could bow hunt on Catalina Island for wild pigs and goats?

The last bow I owned was over 40+ years ago, remember the recurve bow. I was on the Archery Team at SBVC a long time ago (1962-1963). I would like to take up archery again but with an arthritic shoulder I am not sure how that would work, but I did enjoy bow hunting back in the day. Anyone remember when you could bow hunt on Catalina Island for wild pigs and goats?
    I was the king of the recurve as a youth, was the Indian in me I think. Practiced in my backyard till my arm was bright red. But my real specialty was sling shots. Use to hike trails picking off stink bugs left and right. These days I'd probably be arrested by the PETA police.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Calling Skyler, come in Skyler.
    He thought it was a good idea to bow fish a few Garibaldi the other day. Needless to say, he'll be indisposed for the next few days while his court session winds down.

FREE SKYLARK!!!

It is not a weapon it is a legal fishing method in CA. The reason lakes don't want it is out of ignorance. BBL has not had one single injury due to bowfishing unlike conventional fishing where there have been injuries from flying lead and snagging. I put together a power point with imbedded video to educate the council in Elsinore and I will be happy to do the same for any So Cal lake that someone can get me into. It is necessary to get in the door first but I need to get the name of the decision makers. The other thing you can do is just bowfish it since they can't stop you legally because it is a legal method of fishing and not a bow and arrow so municipal codes do not apply. They will take your bow and either cite or arrest you then you hire an attorney and beat them in court. Yeah I don't want to be the test case either.

As a retired litigation consultant and expert witness the key is to find a spotless and good plaintiff. Then get a qualified attorney to work pro bono or raise monies to pay for the defense. Many cases are lost that should be won due the plaintiff being less than desirable. I am sure with the right plaintiff a case could be made and the state would loose.

As a retired litigation consultant and expert witness the key is to find a spotless and good plaintiff. Then get a qualified attorney to work pro bono or raise monies to pay for the defense. Many cases are lost that should be won due the plaintiff being less than desirable. I am sure with the right plaintiff a case could be made and the state would loose.
    Ok as a retired police chief I vote for you to test it out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast