Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bow fishing Lake Perris

You got deep enough pockets. Average cost to go to trial is around $40,000.
    Ex Police Chief eh. You might just be the perfect plaintiff and my bass boat is the perfect platform for bow fishing. Legal method of take per Fish & wildlife regulations and correct specie, State Parks web site has no prohibition against Bow's only firearms and hunting, also no posted signs at parks prohibiting bow fishing that I have seen. Claiming ignorance of a law is not a legal defense as you know but I see no written law prohibiting it.
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 05-09-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Isn't this more about weapons and hunting not being allowed in State Parks (for the most part)? Bow is a weapon even with a string attached.

If that's not the case then if Perris says too few carp I'd say they'd have a real hard time making the same argument for carp at Silverwood!

Calling Skyler, come in Skyler.
    Perris does allow firearms there for hunting. They have an upland game hunting area. The lake still plans to open up to waterfowl hunting once the dam is fixed and they can fill to their capacity. Once the lake fills it floods the shallow east area where they used to allow hunting.

I would think since Perris already allows hunting this would be slightly easier than even Elsinore.

I forgot about Lake Perris and the waterfowl hunting area before they lowered the water level. This sounds like even a better chance to allow bow fishing or to win a court case if pushed.

Place to start is approaching them with a plan for them to review, not in writing but in person. I just don't know who the decision makers are for Perris.

Quote Originally Posted by chompot View Post
    Perris does allow firearms there for hunting. They have an upland game hunting area. The lake still plans to open up to waterfowl hunting once the dam is fixed and they can fill to their capacity. Once the lake fills it floods the shallow east area where they used to allow hunting.

I would think since Perris already allows hunting this would be slightly easier than even Elsinore.
    I said for the most part. There are exceptions for sure.

Excuse they may use for not allowing it is both Perris and Silverwood allow swimming, somebody swimming with a sunburn might get taken for a big fat orange carp.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Excuse they may use for not allowing it is both Perris and Silverwood allow swimming, somebody swimming with a sunburn might get taken for a big fat orange carp.
    Ehh.... casualties will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by chompot View Post
    Ehh.... casualties will happen.

No one is going to challenge ya for your honey hole. When I fished in Bear country I always open carried a large side arm, another benefit was no one chose to fish close to me. lol

If Lake Perris is under the control of the US Army Corp of Engineers you could use this to bow fish.

36 C.F.R. PART 327—RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING PUBLIC USE OF WATER RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS ADMINISTERED BY THE CHIEF OF ENGINEERS
    Title 36 - Parks, Forests, and Public Property

§ 327.8 Hunting, fishing, and trapping.
    (a) Hunting is permitted except in areas and during periods where prohibited by the District Commander.
    (b) Trapping is permitted except in areas and during periods where prohibited by the District Commander.
    (c) Fishing is permitted except in swimming areas, on boat ramps or other areas designated by the District Commander.
    (d) Additional restrictions pertaining to these activities may be established by the District Commander.
    (e) All applicable Federal, State and local laws regulating these activities apply on project lands and waters, and shall be regulated by authorized enforcement officials as prescribed in §327.26.
    [65 FR 6900, Feb. 11, 2000]

§ 327.13 Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks.
    (a) The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, or other weapons is prohibited unless
    (1) In the possession of a Federal, state or local law enforcement officer;
    (2) Being used for hunting or fishing as permitted under §327.8, with devices being unloaded when transported to, from or between hunting and fishing sites;
    (3) Being used at authorized shooting ranges; or
    (4) Written permission has been received from the District Commander.
    (b) Possession of explosives or explosive devices of any kind, including fireworks or other pyrotechnics, is prohibited unless written permission has been received from the District Commander.
    [65 FR 6901, Feb. 11, 2000]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123