Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most productive species to target right now?

Default Most productive species to target right now?

Hi all,
    I'm likely heading up the BBL Sunday with the wife and daughter. Gonna throw some line out from shore... What's the best species to target right now? Trout, Carp, cats, bass? I'm prepared for anything... Also, if you could point me in a direction of where they might be best found.... I'll take a PM as to not blow up your spot. Also I'm a C&R fisherman...

Ok I'll just figure it out.. Thanks for the help!

I haven't fished BBL in a couple years when but I did we fished from a boat launched from the north shore public ramp. I used to see a lot of shore fishermen with pretty good access on the north short starting from the dam. We saw people catching trout which should be your best species right now from shore. But if you put an least one rod with worms you could catch anything. It can get weedy at the shore so I don't know if a bobble might be best.

Sorry nobody with more current info responded.
    Good luck.
    Also if you catch trout and they bleed, you might as well keep them.

caught 5 fish. no thanks to the help here...

I'm planning a trip to BBL in 2 weeks - what did you use? what fish did you catch?
    Thanks

Sorry no one responded to you earlier but you only left them 1 day for people to respond to you? That's a pretty short time frame and a lot of guys don't fish that lake. I only hit that lake once and micetails and worms seems to do the trick for the trout. I fished by the dam.

Quote Originally Posted by zzzfish View Post
    Sorry no one responded to you earlier but you only left them 1 day for people to respond to you?
    x2. Yeah dude you can't expect a flurry of people to respond if you only leave a 1 day time frame for them. Nice going on the fish. What were the 5 you caught? 5 gobies? lol.

Nothing special... Just got a carp about 3 lbs and 4 bullhead cats. One was a pretty decent size actually! Went somewhere around 1lb... Crave nightcrawlers (both inflated and not) and corn were baits of choice. Nothing special just a fun day on the lake with my wife and daughter.
    Last edited by goodguy; 05-23-2014 at 07:45 AM.

I went fishing today for 3 hours. I read online and from the tackle shop the hot spot was near the damn at the northshore. I got there and had one total bite mainly fishing for trout but i lost it 4 feet away from the shore. It must have been at least 3 to 4 lbs. A lot heavier than the trout at GVL. I am going to give it another try sometimes next week with more time.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    Nothing special... Just got a carp about 3 lbs and 4 bullhead cats. One was a pretty decent size actually! Went somewhere around 1lb... Crave nightcrawlers (both inflated and not) and corn were baits of choice. Nothing special just a fun day on the lake with my wife and daughter.
    If you're into carp and the millions of bullheads at Big Bear try going for them at night. At night those fish feed like mad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast