Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AV Round 3,On Fire I'm Telling you...

Default AV Round 3,On Fire I'm Telling you...

Woke up this morning and got the word from work, Its game time.. Finished up what I had to do around the house,
    made sure the bills were paid, kiss the wife good bye and hauled butt up the 14 for a Round 3 session.
    Crossed over the duct and see no flow,, ok.. no problem,, I go into no flow mentality and start my journey from East to West.
    Being satisfied with my new found pattern and technic and feeling confident its time to move on to find new patterns and change
    it up for that piggy I've been after I have come to the conclusion that I will sacrifice my catch streak in search of my toad.
    So nobody worry, I will leave plenty of stripers for all to catch, hahahaha,, j/k.. I've been lucky and that's all I can say.
    There's nothing special about what I'm using, Here's the killer combo that is on Fire, Nothing to hide for all to see...

Anyways back to the report, The anticipation of the first spot and the first cast is always the worst, like a first date and super exciting and blood
    pumping its almost hard to cast straight, First stop Completely opposite from where I've been fishing, fresh turf, fresh water I start my day
    with the motivation and confidence of a good streak going on here so here it goes,,,cast one... cast two.. Wham Bam Fish on,,
    man this is getting to easy I say.. lol.. fought her for a few minutes and saw she was a little bigger so I gave her some time to play out
    and that's a good thing of course, as long as their getting bigger that's ok by me take my time and in the ice chest she goes,

did the happy dance, chugged some Gatorade and went right back at it, cast one.. cast two.. cast three... ok nobody home,
    Off to the next spot.. and the next spot... Cast one... Cast two... Cast three.... Whamm bamm,, Fish On!!!...
    fought this one for a mere 5 seconds and it does the infamous Large mouth Bass head shake sticking out the water and spits the lure...
    I'm standing there applauding her for a job well done and laughing at the same time, that lil stripebastard..
    Owell that's fishing, sometime you win, some time you lose... I'll be back I tell her and move on down the road...
    Passing by the poppy preserve I had flash backs and visions of that deadly corner that almost got me while my mind was occupied otherwise..
    here is that spot exactly.. coming around the corner I was almost hoping to have the same run in, but no dice..

Back to fishing,,, Hit one more spot before back tracking my day and of course I stopped by again for the one that got
    away but she was long gone. as my day comes to an end at the last spot and I decide to try things differently,..
    Cast one... Cast two... Cast Three...Bump Bump,, Swing... Miss... but that's ok because I think I'm on to something new here..
    but until next time I wont know for sure,,, Only one way to find out... Dial it in..
    Tight Lines,
    Fishbone's

ha ha you showed a road shot I know exactly where you been going ,I drive there everytime I go to pyramid,,,,,,,,,,,keep killin them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,

Alex,

I know that stretch of road.......have some property not far from there.

Congrats on the Duct line sides......

I appreciate your posts and enjoy the heck out of them! Hope your luck continues, so there will be more posts!
    I fish that same stretch a lot, but I haven't had much success as of late.
    Think its time to switch up my routine and stop putting on the "How not to catch anything clinic!"
    For one the crawfish scent ain't getting it!

NICE going on the stripers fishbones!

TD

Congrats on the catching Alex.

I guess that you'll never be able to drive by that spot safely again. :)

Now back to the fishing. I think you've gotten past the multiple AV skunk thing. It seems like every body starts like that in the AV.

Great job FB! You have found the working pattern.

Bones, Tha Killa! Keep it moving!

Nicely done again! I hit out west for a bit before sundown last night for nada...your technique is prevailing...

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    ha ha you showed a road shot I know exactly where you been going ,I drive there everytime I go to pyramid,,,,,,,,,,,keep killin them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,

Hahahaha... yupp a road shot.....lol you should stop by one day Bob, maybe meet me up there and see if you still got it..

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT'N View Post
    Alex,
    I know that stretch of road.......have some property not far from there.
    Congrats on the Duct line sides......
    Thanks Scott, wanna join me on my next adventure?

Quote Originally Posted by jdduckman View Post
    I appreciate your posts and enjoy the heck out of them! Hope your luck continues, so there will be more posts!
    I fish that same stretch a lot, but I haven't had much success as of late.
    Think its time to switch up my routine and stop putting on the "How not to catch anything clinic!"
    For one the crawfish scent ain't getting it!
    Thank you kind sir, I do enjoy writing reports almost more than catching fish..lol
    As for the clinic.. oh man I can say I've been there.... a lot..lol and yeah.. the crawdad scent isn't helping..

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    NICE going on the stripers fishbones!
    TD
    Thanks TD, hope all is well my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Congrats on the catching Alex.

I guess that you'll never be able to drive by that spot safely again. :)

Now back to the fishing. I think you've gotten past the multiple AV skunk thing. It seems like every body starts like that in the AV.
    Ron, buddy... you always say the most funniest things..hahah.. thank heavens the skunk streak is over... phewww man it stunk too..hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by slacker189 View Post
    Great job FB! You have found the working pattern.
    Thanks Slacker, it took me long enough and well worth the wait.. it has opened up many new doors for more slayage.

Quote Originally Posted by Risso View Post
    Bones, Tha Killa! Keep it moving!
    Hahahaaa... no killer here just very patient and spiteful towards the av duct.. but I've had my vengeance.....ahhahahahaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by ZipperWurm View Post
    Nicely done again! I hit out west for a bit before sundown last night for nada...your technique is prevailing...
    Thank you ZW, I hate it when nobody's home and I come from LA too.
    Prevailing and polished..haaha.. its just the beginning.. I hope... with a lot of luck on my side.
    Last edited by Fishbones; 05-02-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast