Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $250 for a year pass at Perris???? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I am soooooo glad I left so calif. Rod I have been here for a few days visiting......WTF where did all these people come from and you guys can have your lakes with inspections, and tags and quagga mussels and all these fee's for what ? My zebra mussel goby infested lakes have much better fishing with no fees.

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
    Man I am soooooo glad I left so calif. Rod I have been here for a few days visiting......WTF where did all these people come from and you guys can have your lakes with inspections, and tags and quagga mussels and all these fee's for what ? My zebra mussel goby infested lakes have much better fishing with no fees.
    Lucky! Ridiculous isnt it.

I wish it would go up a bit more just to get in the lake period. It really bums me out when I'm fishing and I have to look at the poor fishing from shore. Even worse yet when they have saved up enough bottles and cans and they gotten themselves one of those inner tubes with pockets to fish from, it's really depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
    Dave,

Where did all these people come from? REjects from the rest of the country. Come to Cali cause the gettin' is good. A lot of free stuff to be had in these borders. Its like the gold rush of old where all the settlers headed to California to find riches. Well they are coming again, but this time they arent panning for gold, diggin, or mining. They simply fill out some paperwork, lie about their income (or refuse to work at all), and the gold finds them. You all come back now, here.

Jeff, you got a point and makes you wonder where all that money goes. A few years back I applied and actually interviewed for a summer job at Perris. Dang, they were on such a skeleton crew I might as well have just applied at Microsoft. And DVL, their staff now consists of something like seven people. $60 dollars a year for a license, lake fees, etc...they out to be swimming in money. For $8 an hour for a summer job I would have walked that Perris shoreline and left no turn unstoned, no nook uncrannied, no cranny unnooked, and picked up all that trash and given anyone I see the littering the business end of my litter grabber tongs.
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 05-03-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    $250 isn't too bad...
    Have agree with Pete here. Especially when a DVL pass is well over $400 AND you still have to pay to fish every time and pay for the band at the end of the day. That $250 will also get you into Silverwood as well. As Pete said....."Just saying.."

Spent a week with my ex business partner in So Carolina last May and my non resident 14 day license was $11 and every lake we launched on the launch fee was FREE except on a marina near the hwy and the fee was a freakin' $5 and on the honor system, you put $5 in the lock box in the parking lot. Partner then came out in September to fish the back seat with me in a tournament and his non resident Calif 10 day license was $46.44. The lake my partner lives on (Lake Greenwood) is 5 miles wide and 30 miles long and you never have to worry about someone fishin' in your secret spot. Close to a dozen lakes that size or larger within a 45 min to 90 min drive of his home, the largest Lake Hartwell has over 900 miles of shoreline to fish. Stumps, timber, Lilly pads, docks, coves, flats and channels to fish. Striper, Catfish, Large and Smallmouth Bass, Lake Trout, Brown Trout, Crappie and Pan fish the size of small dinner plates and for fun catch Gar. Oh and did I mention live bait shops everywhere (Minnows, Shiners, Crayfish, worms, crickets, grubs, salamanders etc).
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 05-03-2014 at 03:04 PM.

I used to live in Pennsylvania and you can fish almost anywhere free. No parking fee. No crap fee. I see that it's $27 a month for annual resident.

You guys are killing me with these out of state stories. I told my buddies in Minnesota last summer when I was up there fishing some of what California is up to....fences around lakes, lakes only open certian hours, fees to fish and launch, etc.,etc. I honestly believe the guys didnt beleive me and that I was stretching the truth. Now I've straddled the fine line between stretching the truth and exaggerating when describing some of my fishing exploits, but I was being serious with these guys and they still didnt beleive me.

HuskerRod it gets even better as you can fish 24 hrs around the clock and some of the best fishing for cats and stripers is at night. Now for only $5 you can get a license for jug fishing (50 jug max) or trot line fishing (50 hook max). Jug and trot line fishing is unattended fishing for the lazy.

As I kid I used to set trotlines at some of our family farm ponds in Nebraska. It was like Christmas morning getting up and going out and checking them. It was like Forrest gump said, "Life is like a box of crackers..............you never know what you gonna get".

24/7 lakes open and available........now that was nice. Gonna be 100 degrees today, no problem. Ill sit in the pool all day and his the lake at sundown. No need for sunblock, no need for heat and misery, just good old fashion Apple pie eating American fun.

for some reason back then I always felt the sting paying $10 for an annual park pass to EVERY PARK in the state......every one from state line to state line. Now a days if I moved back I'd wonder what the catch was or feel like I had some how broke the law paying a measly $10 bill. And the state parks, always manicured, well kept, and patrolled.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast