Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fishing Bport shore 4/30

Default Fishing Bport shore 4/30

First of all ... what a gorgeous day ... plus weather in low seventies ... not wind except a nice breeze. Fishing was slow from the few people I ran across. I was skunked from about 7-10:30 and then got wise and tried lengthening my leader from what had been 18-24 inches ... all what way to 5-6 feet. That helped significantly. 4 fish in about 1.5-2 hours including a brown that was fat and 18 inches. Didn't have my scale ... so estimated 2.4 to 3 lbs (but the 3 lbs may be high for sure) It was a nice 10 minute fight. Also got 3 that went about 1.25 to 1.5 lbs. Always like to cap off the morning with a visit to Hays Street Café ... the best breakfast in Bport

Grateful to have a pretty and nice commute home

The reservoir was surprisingly slow for me. I usually do really well there. How about that water level?

Water level was unbelievable. Were you out in a boat? FWIW ... I saw 2 shore fisherman ... in 2 places come and go and only got the black and white cat fish.

Wonder what's goin on?

Yes I was in a boat! Launching down by the dam thats how low the water was! It sucks to see. Sucks to look at the marina with no water.

I was fishing right next to the temporary ramp you used. You probably jetted down by the RV Park area ... and that end of the lake? The only thing that worked for me was one on a NC ... and 3 on Gulp pbait with the Salmon Egg flavor