Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Been a while.......Fresno County

Default Been a while.......Fresno County

It's been a while since the last time I was out duct fishing but I was rewarded nicely two weeks ago. Did a solo run to a gate in Fresno County and was lucky enough to find the whole gate to myself. Saw a ton of fish swimming everywhere and it was a fish on almost every cast with my LC jerk bait. Just a little bit after sundown, I got a big bite and had a nice little time fighting this beast on my 10 lb test mono line. 10.2 lbs on the scale and 33 inches on the ruler....I was a happy camper. Smaller fish was 19 inches. Released over 20 fish and took two home for dinner. Awesome time!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140320_052335.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	44019  
    Last edited by vampirebret; 04-29-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vampirebret View Post
    It's been a while since the last time I was out duct fishing but I was rewarded nicely two weeks ago. Did a solo run to a gate in Fresno County and was lucky enough to find the whole gate to myself. Saw a ton of fish swimming everywhere and it was a fish on almost every cast with my LC jerk bait. Just a little bit after sundown, I got a big bite and had a nice little time fighting this beast on my 10 lb test mono line. 10.2 lbs on the scale and 33 inches on the ruler....I was a happy camper. Smaller fish was 19 inches. Released over 20 fish and took two home for dinner. Awesome time!
    Nice, that's the biggest I've seen lately. Down here I'm catching 18" fish every freaking time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBasser View Post
    Nice, that's the biggest I've seen lately. Down here I'm catching 18" fish every freaking time lol.
    18's are still better than none. As long as you are not getting the big ole black and white critter LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBasser View Post
    I saw a massive striper follow in a smaller one I had on the line the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg85 View Post
    I saw a massive striper follow in a smaller one I had on the line the other day.
    I have heard about that too

Nice fish. The little one looks like your bait.

With VB ,,quality right there. TB

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Nice fish. The little one looks like your bait.
    I thought about using it as bait but a 19" fish on my 10lb test would have been CRAZY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    With VB ,,quality right there. TB
    Thanks TB. Need a bigger one as I'm still stuck with a PB of 12lbs only and that was from the early 90's. I think I'm definitely due for a bigger one.