Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eastern sierra opener report for Crowley, Lower Twin, and Bridgeport Reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiyasdad View Post
    Heading up tomorrow to tube/flyfish Crowley. What were the best areas? Any certain depth?

Thanks.
    About 8-15 feet is where most fish are hanging around.

From the marina trolling out to the bathroom was really good. And the stretch into the dam was really good as well. The fish were very active you can find them shallow in the first 20 feet of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    From the marina trolling out to the bathroom was really good. And the stretch into the dam was really good as well. The fish were very active you can find them shallow in the first 20 feet of water.
    Thanks for the info. Trying to figure out where to start fishing. McGee or sandy point?

Cool report, sound like a good opener !! some nice pics there, quality fish!

Awesome report, I'm jealous of you guys!

Nice fish Matt! Sounds like you had them dialed in at Crowley. We we're itchin to tube Crowley all weekend but stayed away because of the wind. Nothing worse than being on a tube when the wind picks up over there. Luckily the wind was manageable on Monday before we left so we were able to drift around for a few hours and I landed 2 nice size Crowley steelheads (bows).

Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    Headed up the 395 right after work friday night in hopes of making it to Bridgeport Lower twin. Got up to about mammoth and the roads were pretty icy and the boat was sliding around. So i decided to turn her around and head for my first opener on Crowley lake. What a decision that was because the fishing was red hot! Launched the boat right around 7 am the plan was to troll all day, as I just got these new cannon rod holders to match my downrigger and they needed some breaking in . The original plan was to throw the big baits for browns on lower twin and that obviously didn't happen. I started out with a top line rod with a f13 in a custom painted tui chub pattern. And my leadcore rod I planned to throw various spoons at different depths. Both methods proved very successful all day. At times we couldnt get the 2nd rod out befor the first was getting slammed. Fish were biting my top line with setbacks of 75-100 feet. My ledcore scored from 2-5 colors throughout the day. I top all my lures with pro cure trophy trout gel this stuff works really well!!! Between my dad and I we released atleast 40 fish, best thing about it was out of all those fish we got one rainbow. Cutts and browns wear biting all morning. I got alot of nice pictures I gotta post up. Top colors were tui chub, perch, and brown or gold patterns. Match the forage in the lake and you will do really well! We were off the lake by 3 pm by then the roads were ice free and we headed to lower twin in hopes for that fat brown. I rip trolled tell sunset with husky 13s and f18 rapalas. The wind was howling and it was really cold. The conditions were right, but the water temp was not. The storm that passed through the night dropped both the reservoir and twin lakes 7 degrees. It was sitting at 52 befor ths storm which is prime time feeding temps. Sunday I did the reservoir which is also like crowley so I decided to use the same gameplay we only picked up 4 fish from about 7 amto noon. 2 browns and 2 bows. All in all it was quite an opener ill be back for more in 2 weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12