Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eastern sierra opener report for Crowley, Lower Twin, and Bridgeport Reservoir.

Default Eastern sierra opener report for Crowley, Lower Twin, and Bridgeport Reservoir.

Headed up the 395 right after work friday night in hopes of making it to Bridgeport Lower twin. Got up to about mammoth and the roads were pretty icy and the boat was sliding around. So i decided to turn her around and head for my first opener on Crowley lake. What a decision that was because the fishing was red hot! Launched the boat right around 7 am the plan was to troll all day, as I just got these new cannon rod holders to match my downrigger and they needed some breaking in . The original plan was to throw the big baits for browns on lower twin and that obviously didn't happen. I started out with a top line rod with a f13 in a custom painted tui chub pattern. And my leadcore rod I planned to throw various spoons at different depths. Both methods proved very successful all day. At times we couldnt get the 2nd rod out befor the first was getting slammed. Fish were biting my top line with setbacks of 75-100 feet. My ledcore scored from 2-5 colors throughout the day. I top all my lures with pro cure trophy trout gel this stuff works really well!!! Between my dad and I we released atleast 40 fish, best thing about it was out of all those fish we got one rainbow. Cutts and browns wear biting all morning. I got alot of nice pictures I gotta post up. Top colors were tui chub, perch, and brown or gold patterns. Match the forage in the lake and you will do really well! We were off the lake by 3 pm by then the roads were ice free and we headed to lower twin in hopes for that fat brown. I rip trolled tell sunset with husky 13s and f18 rapalas. The wind was howling and it was really cold. The conditions were right, but the water temp was not. The storm that passed through the night dropped both the reservoir and twin lakes 7 degrees. It was sitting at 52 befor ths storm which is prime time feeding temps. Sunday I did the reservoir which is also like crowley so I decided to use the same gameplay we only picked up 4 fish from about 7 amto noon. 2 browns and 2 bows. All in all it was quite an opener ill be back for more in 2 weeks.

Great to hear.....I'm really looking forward to a little time on Crowley myself.

Great report. really like to see the pics also. Going memorial day weekend.

Smitty the fishing was red hot get down there asap! Even with the choppy water all day the fish were very active! I've got a few pictures on my phone now I just gotta figure out how to post em haha its been a while since iv actually done a report it was time! Also brownbagger dan stewart caught a 12lb brown from lower twin this morning!
    Last edited by Matt44; 04-29-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Right On Matt!!! Sounds like a blast.. Get them pics posted... I've always sent myself an email and than saved to my desktop.
    I haven't posted pics in a while myself.. hopefully soon!

Im usually on my Samsung galaxy if anyone knows how let me know I'll def post up some of the cutts and browns.

Here ya go Matt,,, josh sent them while I was working haha. I use photobucket than copy the URL over to FNN

Nice fish bro, I heard you might be up next week. Hopefully we can get on some like that. Thanks for the report, im guessing you did better than most who didn't post up. Congrats brotha. Cheers!!!

>

>

Pom your rule man! Haha gotta love how the photos spread I remember josh sending me your pics from Wisconsin, now those were toads. Im gonna try and make it up! The troll bite was unreal on saturday!

Heading up tomorrow to tube/flyfish Crowley. What were the best areas? Any certain depth?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast