Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Very small lake on Grand Avenue?

Sweet! Thanks madbass, I will try it soon. What did you catch them on?

~WCAngler

Don't even waste your time. It was dry for several years in the early 2000s. You'll probably find mosquito fish because the DFG has to put those in any body of water. The best spot to "trespass" is the reservoir pit adjacent to the Irwindale Speedway. Go at night and be ready to catch some big bass, crappie, catfish or gills.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinnerBaitKing View Post
    Don't even waste your time. It was dry for several years in the early 2000s. You'll probably find mosquito fish because the DFG has to put those in any body of water. The best spot to "trespass" is the reservoir pit adjacent to the Irwindale Speedway. Go at night and be ready to catch some big bass, crappie, catfish or gills.
    Oh... I don't know if you saw madbass's post, but he said he caught LMB there 4 months ago.

Hey madbass, you fished the one in West Covina, right?

Irwindale Speedway? Sounds cool, but I will still try the Walnut Creek Basin... I would definetly try the speedway soon too.

~WCAngler

Any luck at creek basin?

I used to fish there in my teens as well back when Jack la lanes was adjacent to it. We used to catch sunfish and small bass. Never had a problem with getting kicked out back in the day but that was a different era. For a brief time back in the early 80s someone had purchased it for a brief spell as a fishing lake...I need to find those articles and post them. Good luck anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by yakfu View Post
    I used to fish there in my teens as well back when Jack la lanes was adjacent to it. We used to catch sunfish and small bass. Never had a problem with getting kicked out back in the day but that was a different era. For a brief time back in the early 80s someone had purchased it for a brief spell as a fishing lake...I need to find those articles and post them. Good luck anyway.
    I remember that as a little pay fishing hole. Didn't last but only a few months, even think it was stocked with trout that brief time. Thanks for posting that, I tell people that but they don't believe me.

Would love to read those articles. I want to try to do some fishing here since its so close to me

Wouldn't mind hearing how this spot turns out. It is very close to me and I have always been curious about fishing it.

I haven't been able to try it out. I have been quite busy in my community, and haven't had much time to try. I have been thinking about trying it soon.

~WCAngler

Where is best discrete place to access it?...I'd like to try it. Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast