Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid report,,, tough, even in Ray's spots.. TroutOnly saves the day.. Made friends too

Default Mid report,,, tough, even in Ray's spots.. TroutOnly saves the day.. Made friends too

Catchinbait and I roll up to the lake early am. Halfway there I say OH #$%$... I forgot the U-rig bag... I said to catchinbait our only hope was if TO was fishing today, otherwise it was all bait all day..

Sure enough!! I see this in front of the line

WOOHOO!!!! he is with catchingsomefish.. Our favorite autoparts store owner.

TO was happy to lend me one and guess the color? oh yeah!!! Bako boy color!!!!

Thanks BOB again!

While in line waiting for Ms. Tammy I see a Winnebago roll up with a sweet boat in tow.. Wrapped to the hilt, Looked like VanDam with all the sponsors on it... Tacklewarehouse, Spro, Huddleston, Trokar, yadda yadda...

My boy asks me what that was all about, I said I don't know son, some big shot, swimbait guy or B.A.S.S. pro must be fishing today... We were both kind of taken back at the enormity and presence this angler carries with him...
    So we go on and tie up rigs, {thanks again Bob} get the boat in order when we hear this soft voice say,,, "hey cutbait"... At first I thought I was hearing things but my boy says, "Dad, that guy in the Winnebago is calling you"..

WOW!!!!! you'll never believe what happens next! I walk up to the door and this petite gentlemen at the table asks me to step inside. He is rigging up some swimbaits and such... He says, "I'm addict, and I owe you an apology"

Dumb founded,,,, I was stunned... I said to addict don't mention it. We all can get carried away and look like a complete douchebag every now and then, granted none as bad as you did last week, but still.

Addict asked again for my forgiveness and we buried the hatchet right there and then. I was even able to snap a photo of him at the table of the Winnebago for posterity

Turns out he is a nice guy, and super good at swimbaiting... {or so he says}

Anyway back to the report.... TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH!!!

Trolled up 5, landed 4. baited down for the remainder of the limit which were SUPER DINKS... Wind kept me off Ron's spot... Hit all of RAY"S spots, but he didn't give me permission to post my outcome at those spots so I will refrain from spreading the rumor of more big fish.

Talked with Tammy and Mark and Cody.... BEST LAKE STAFF IN CALIFORNIA BAR NONE>>.. other lakes won't even acknowledge you!

Nissan filmed a commercial and had 3/4 of the lake off limits and we had to fish non productive waters all day

Nissan asked my son and I to be in the commercial's to attract the ladies for the product, but we declined.

TOUGH Day boys and girls, WIND WIND WIND.... anchoring was a quagga....

I have never been so exhausted fishing today as I was

Dinner

Last edited by cutbait; 04-24-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Now that's a great report Mike.

T/O came through for you. That's no surprise at all, he's a giver.

Glad to hear that you patched things up with Addict!

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Now that's a great report Mike.

T/O came through for you. That's no surprise at all, he's a giver.

Glad to hear that you patched things up with Addict!
    I just realized Ron

You can't spell BAKO BOY without BOB

Mike, it was good seeing you again, and meeting your son today, we hit the lake so quickly, we didnt get to meet Addict, although he looks kinda the way I envisioned....... It was pretty tough today, made more so by the gusting winds. About an hour and a half after you left, it was really calm for about an hour, then full force winds on the way to the ramp. It still beats working however!......................Dave
    Last edited by catchingsomefish; 04-24-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Kind of hard to make a good report from a tough windy day...
    But, oh my gawd... LMAO X 1000 Nicely done.

Your day still sounds a H*LL of a lot better then mine.

Great job CutBait on the persistence.

Your report would have been much better If you stuck yourself with a hook and have your son pull it out.

Awww... That would have been one hellava video. Haha

Good chit bro on the limit.

True bako boy report right there. Lmao

super nice!!!

Cutbait made this report he,s MY brother,,,,,,,,,,,A Ddict seems like a really sWelL GuY,,,,just as I picture,d him FREAKY

TRAIL BLAZER
    Last edited by trail blazer; 04-25-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    I just realized Ron

You can't spell BAKO BOY without BOB

B ak O B oy

Forced to fish unproductive waters all day... Anchoring was a quagga... Still filled the cooler with limits??????????? I wish I had it as BAD as you... Haha!

Nice day! And with your son to boot... Sounds like a good time to me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast